RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

Draft Chatter - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Well I actually traded up in TBD to get either Cruz or Delmon Young....and in the end, my love of youth won out. But it was funny, 'cause Larry even said "you better not have traded to snipe me" LOL. I went Delmon 105, Larry went Cruz 106, so I filed that one away.

In any case, Jon sniped me on Mauer, Dale on Felix, and Larry with Votto, so sniping Dale on Roberts and Dale & Larry with Cruz, well I just consider this the circle of life.

lol!

Last edited by Rotoraysfan on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:58 pm

I'm gonna kind of be wandering around the house, but I have spundin's next pick. Text me when Kyle picks, and I'll get on or give it to someone else. That is, assuming he doesn't get sniped.
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Vriez wrote:
You guys are all that high on Cruz? I never really got the chance to see him play last year. Being an annual MLB Extra Innings subscriber, I pride myself in being able to check out a newcomer/prospect when they first emerge......but I completely screwed the pooch on Cruz. Never got to see him play. This isnt the first time Ive seen great managers reach on him, so there's gotta be SOMETHING to the hype. After faltering a few times before in the biggs, I had kindof written him off as a AAAA player. The consensus is that he'll stay consistent in Texas all year next year?

Let's just say that Larry & I already agreed he has the highest potential for a Ludwick-sized power outbreak, with 30+ SB's. He could also get 300 AB's and fizzle out. But, he showed growth, and his power spike was for real. He started to show a better eye and that translated into a monster season. Now he gets the cleanup gig in a potent lineup, and in a friendly park. After TBD, I've deliberately said nothing more, and when the 100 slot came and Bruce got picked....knew it was time to strike. Figured he was gone either late rd 9 or early rd 10, didn't see Dale coming - guess I got lucky there, LOL.

I meant what I said above - I deliberately passed on him in TBD, knowing he'd get picked before I went again. Figured I'd enjoy one season rolling the dice with him and let Larry enjoy him in a dynasty.

Greedy jerk that he is, doesn't realize how much worse it could have been. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Vriez wrote:
You guys are all that high on Cruz? I never really got the chance to see him play last year. Being an annual MLB Extra Innings subscriber, I pride myself in being able to check out a newcomer/prospect when they first emerge......but I completely screwed the pooch on Cruz. Never got to see him play. This isnt the first time Ive seen great managers reach on him, so there's gotta be SOMETHING to the hype. After faltering a few times before in the biggs, I had kindof written him off as a AAAA player. The consensus is that he'll stay consistent in Texas all year next year?

I watched him in the futures game and he caught my eye. I thought "Who the fuck is this monster?" He looked like a man amongst boys (because he was).

I had no idea. I started looking at the numbers after watching that game and was intrigued. I added him in SSD immediately and held him.

I wrote this article when he was called up. http://www.baseballguys.com/rookie-report/what-does-the-future-hold-nelson-cruz.html

I'm a believer. The K-rate is a little high, but so are a lot of guys. Anyone see him club that Manny Corpus pitch in the WBC? He is going to pummel sinkerballers and likes the ball low. He has a hole up high, but most guy try to keep it low and it plays right into his swing. He is also good at going the other way. I'm targeting him in every league, but he keeps getting more and more expensive.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:05 pm

P.S. Putting my oldest to bed, but I'll be around - if anyone wants to shoot the shit on the chat board, I've logged in - will be back in 10-15.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:16 pm

I'm sitting down to dinner. Be back in 20.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Anyone else really shocked Nolasco lasted that long? The way he finished out the season was just unbelievable. You don't get lucky for that long and that many starts...
Back to top Go down
quickster12

quickster12

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Im gonna be at the gym for awhile, not like it's gonna get back to me tonight, but still.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:31 pm

I wouldn't be *so sure*, LOL, but thanks for the heads up - check in before you go to bed, with Boz/spundin/Kyle behind you, it could easily get through 2 more rounds if we get the EC corner to pick fast after me..which they've done, 30 mins at noon at 70 mins at dinnertime.

And WOW at the SP run....Kyle still gets 1st prize for creating a run, but Dale is giving him a run for the money.

I'll be in the chat room again in 15, kids are up.
Back to top Go down
quickster12

quickster12

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:34 pm

Oh i'll def be back tonight, id just be surprised if we get another 16 picks or so in tonight. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Thank you so much for taking Harden, seriously. I have been eyeing him the entire draft. So glad you took that plunge and not me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
quickster12

quickster12

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:39 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
Thank you so much for taking Harden, seriously. I have been eyeing him the entire draft. So glad you took that plunge and not me! Very Happy

Ive had him 3 times, so this'll be the 4th.

Ive had 2 good runs, and one disastrous. It's so sad when you take a starter in the 10th round and hope he makes 25 starts. lol
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:45 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
Anyone else really shocked Nolasco lasted that long? The way he finished out the season was just unbelievable. You don't get lucky for that long and that many starts...

Not really. It's not like Shields went that long ago and everyone, including myself considers him to be a cheaper and riskier version of Shields. I don't question the talent, I question the health.

I applied the same idea to "You don't get lucky for that long and that many starts...." to my Cliff Lee pick. I figure even with a regression in HR/FB% and a regulation to a 3.50 ERA, he was still solid there, but not really surprised by Nolasco lasting. I was eyeing him for sure.
Back to top Go down
GBPig99

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:54 pm

I was actually debating on Dye or Volquez last round.
Back to top Go down
GBPig99

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:54 pm

GBPig99 wrote:
I was actually debating on Dye or Volquez last round.

err this round.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:55 pm

The Czar wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

Not really. It's not like Shields went that long ago and everyone, including myself considers him to be a cheaper and riskier version of Shields. I don't question the talent, I question the health.

I applied the same idea to "You don't get lucky for that long and that many starts...." to my Cliff Lee pick. I figure even with a regression in HR/FB% and a regulation to a 3.50 ERA, he was still solid there, but not really surprised by Nolasco lasting. I was eyeing him for sure.

I really don't understand the anti-Lee sentiment - it's not like he fluked out. He just showed a great cutter to go with his deadly curve, and got his control back (which I suspect was a result of shoulder tendinitis in 2007). Always a risk to get hurt again, but then again most SP's have some risk. Of course he won't be Cy Young, but top 30 SP seems very reasonable projection.

Now...get your pick in, so we can get to quick and the night owl crew for Round 11/12! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

I really don't understand the anti-Lee sentiment - it's not like he fluked out. He just showed a great cutter to go with his deadly curve, and got his control back (which I suspect was a result of shoulder tendinitis in 2007). Always a risk to get hurt again, but then again most SP's have some risk. Of course he won't be Cy Young, but top 30 SP seems very reasonable projection.

Now...get your pick in, so we can get to quick and the night owl crew for Round 11/12! Laughing

I mean....get your pick in *Dale*.

lol!

P.S. We're back in chat, btw.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

My pick is in. The Dye has been caste.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:58 pm

The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

My pick is in. The Dye has been caste.

I love redraft, takes away all my mancrushes for the young guns and restores sanity to go for it this year alone.

Dye's a great value pick here. Love it. Already told Kyle I love the Hardy pick (and yes, Boz, sorry I'd have taken Hardy over Yunel 100 times out of 100).
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:20 pm

The Czar wrote:
Vriez wrote:

I watched him in the futures game and he caught my eye. I thought "Who the fuck is this monster?" He looked like a man amongst boys (because he was).

I had no idea. I started looking at the numbers after watching that game and was intrigued. I added him in SSD immediately and held him.

I wrote this article when he was called up. http://www.baseballguys.com/rookie-report/what-does-the-future-hold-nelson-cruz.html

I'm a believer. The K-rate is a little high, but so are a lot of guys. Anyone see him club that Manny Corpus pitch in the WBC? He is going to pummel sinkerballers and likes the ball low. He has a hole up high, but most guy try to keep it low and it plays right into his swing. He is also good at going the other way. I'm targeting him in every league, but he keeps getting more and more expensive.

Thanks for the input. Great article.

P.S.....I'll keep that in mind for the Winners draft on Sunday. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:47 pm

Let's get the turn done quickly. Bueller????
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:48 pm

I'm ready.

Well, I was until Wells was snuck away from me.....Harrumph.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:51 pm

Timmah! wrote:
I'm ready.

There's 10 guys as good as Wells still here. That shouldn't slow you down.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:56 pm

Timmah! wrote:
I'm ready.

Ha. Did it to you again, huh? Teaches you for taking Cano. Got you back 2-fold.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a MASSIVE man-crush on Chris Iannetta. He's probably my favorite non-Red Sox player not named Ubaldo. He's the dude that I was talking about at the WBC in batting practice BTW. I have been to a ton of ballgames, and gotten there early enough to watch BP on almost every occasion. I have NEVER been more impressed by a player during BP than I was with Iannetta. The mancrush was already in full swing prior to watching him...and I knew from Rox games that he had a lot of pop, but i didnt expect that. You expect to see guys like Hamilton and Dunn and Howard to be hitting rockets everywhere, not guys like Chris. It was to the extent that everyone in the ballpark (at least within eye/earshot of me) stopped what they were doing and watched....to the tune of "Who the hell is THAT?!?," and "Who's hitting right now?," etc.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:58 pm

So should I start a Round 11 thread?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 17 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next