RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Vriez

Draft Chatter - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:21 pm

Rotoraysfan wrote:
OK, I'm getting a list of targets from Ray, so worst-case tomorrow AM if Vriez, Timmah & HLZ are all around we can swing it back pretty fast - Zara checks in early.

I'll wait another 30 mins or so, then I think we go to Plan B - I'll make sure to get enough names from Ray to get through 2 picks.

HLZ/Vriez/Timmah, can you confirm if this works? This way, if he doesn't show, we're still on track early with 10 picks early on.

That works. I'm having a hard time narrowing down a pick after you took Kershaw, anyways. I'll be up for another couple hours. Text me anytime before 2am EST if he comes back. Otherwise, I'll leave someone my pick(s)....I'll probably sleep in kindof late tomorrow morning Very Happy

Now Ive got a couple picks to make in my Italian Fantasy League.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:21 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
Makes complete sense.....and since you gave me 10+ names, you're covered.

lol!

Vriez, you able to pick early AM (not crazy early, but you know, 8-9 like the non-teens we usually draft with?)

Great, now you know my targets! Disregard that entire message, you're all waiting on me and I'm pulling a King Maker and sleeping till dinner time!

lol!

Only 1 question, check your PM.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:24 pm

Vriez wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
OK, I'm getting a list of targets from Ray, so worst-case tomorrow AM if Vriez, Timmah & HLZ are all around we can swing it back pretty fast - Zara checks in early.

I'll wait another 30 mins or so, then I think we go to Plan B - I'll make sure to get enough names from Ray to get through 2 picks.

HLZ/Vriez/Timmah, can you confirm if this works? This way, if he doesn't show, we're still on track early with 10 picks early on.

That works. I'm having a hard time narrowing down a pick after you took Kershaw, anyways. I'll be up for another couple hours. Text me anytime before 2am EST if he comes back. Otherwise, I'll leave someone my pick(s)....I'll probably sleep in kindof late tomorrow morning Very Happy

Now Ive got a couple picks to make in my Italian Fantasy League.

Go ahead & leave me your targets - the way this league is going, leave me a few choices for your 2nd pick, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:14 pm

Vriez, if you see this, I think we're done, so leave me your target list and I'll get it in tomorrow AM.

If we can swing through to the WC guys by 10-11 AM, then we have a shot for 5-6 rounds tomorrow, which gives hope for a weekend finish. 10+ rounds in 2 days, so we're definitely doing better!
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:18 pm

Will do. I'll shoot you a couple in about an hour. I need to watch TV and clear my head. All I have is Italian players on my mind.

Have you checked out that thread (Vriez and Wicked)? Its unbelievably addicting. It started as a big joke, but Im getting a little addicted to researching IBL players. Its crazy because half of the stuff you find on a player you have to translate from Italian to English...and once you find somebody, you have to do a half dozen google searches to make sure that theyre even PLAYING in the IBL next season.

Actually, as a mod, can you change the name from "Vriez and Wicked" to Battle Italia or something? Vriez and Wicked sounds like a gay relationship thread.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:21 pm

Vriez wrote:
Will do. I'll shoot you a couple in about an hour. I need to watch TV and clear my head. All I have is Italian players on my mind.

Have you checked out that thread (Vriez and Wicked)? Its unbelievably addicting. It started as a big joke, but Im getting a little addicted to researching IBL players. Its crazy because half of the stuff you find on a player you have to translate from Italian to English...and once you find somebody, you have to do a half dozen google searches to make sure that theyre even PLAYING in the IBL next season.

Actually, as a mod, can you change the name from "Vriez and Wicked" to Battle Italia or something? Vriez and Wicked sounds like a gay relationship thread.

Only if you promise not to snipe me for the rest of the draft, and to promptly respond to all texts.

Oh well, I tried. Battle Italia it is.

lol!
Back to top Go down
quickster12

quickster12

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:27 am

I know my pick is coming up, but i gotta step out for a bit, i'll be back in about 90 minutes.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:39 am

quickster12 wrote:
I know my pick is coming up, but i gotta step out for a bit, i'll be back in about 90 minutes.

Did you leave a pick with somebody?

I don't know when Dale will be on, but it's likely soon and I'm here for a little while, so it could be to you very shortly.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:59 am

BTW, guys, if I'm not ahead of you in the draft queue, and you have to leave and it's only a few picks away, *IF* you have a target feel free to leave me a list. I understand if you don't want to leave a huge list and give away your targets, so 1-2 picks are understandable. Figure that will help keep the draft moving *and* yet minimize stress on everyone's schedules.

When I say I'm AFK, you still can PM me a list - and someone else can text me to get the pick made, as we did with Timmah & Vriez this AM.

BTW, if I'm not the right person because I'm ahead of any of you, HLZ is the other person who usually will be able to get here and retrieve a PM. Again, it doesn't have to be more than 1-2 targets, as we realize you don't want to give away your targets for later on.

I figure the above solution will keep the draft skipping along this weekend, so we can get as much squared away before next week, when quick & others may not be around as much.

Hope that helps,
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:30 am

Well....I have now blown it twice.
I also had Blalock on that DRAFTED list I made up. I really should have proofed it after the official thread restarted. What a dope.
I mean, Jon, OBSCENE value there. If he remains a DH -and healthy- that's just crazy value for the 17th round.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:09 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
I also had Blalock on that DRAFTED list I made up. I really should have proofed it after the official thread restarted. What a dope.
I mean, Jon, OBSCENE value there. If he remains a DH -and healthy- that's just crazy value for the 17th round.

I was definately eyeing Blalock as well.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:22 am

The Czar wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:

I was definately eyeing Blalock as well.

I was deciding between LaRoche and Blalock for my CI slot...but I already have a handful of risks on my team, and The Hammer has burned me before. (plus I have him in 3 leagues and thats waay too much dependence on a perennial injury risk)
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:31 am

All lists updated. Just waiting on slothster.

Chris, I keed, I keed! Bustin' balls helps pass the time. Though you've been gone 30 minutes longer so far than your estimate! Razz
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:57 am

quickster12 wrote:

P.S.

It doesn't hurt to leave a list w/ someone when you know you're almost up! Wink
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:09 am

At some point, I'm going to have to let my wife use the computer.

I'll be around pretty much all day, even if it doesn't seem like it. Just text me if you don't see my name.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:13 am

HighLanderZ wrote:
quickster12 wrote:

P.S.

It doesn't hurt to leave a list w/ someone when you know you're almost up! Wink
Well. draftwise Chris has more in common with me than simply a fondness for the same players. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:21 am

Timmah! wrote:

I'll be around pretty much all day, even if it doesn't seem like it. Just text me if you don't see my name.

Ditto.

Apparently "work stuff" is more important than this draft. Fucking women.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Gents- I am here but popping in and out and actually getting things done...such as that may be. Sorry if I make you wait. Shan't be long.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:51 pm

Vriez wrote:
Timmah! wrote:

Ditto.

Hopefully he didn't throw the computer at his wifes head after Pat's pick of Ubaldo.
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:03 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
Vriez wrote:
Timmah! wrote:

Ditto.

Hopefully he didn't throw the computer at his wifes head after Pat's pick of Ubaldo.

Ya, thats fucked up.

Apparently Pat didnt get the memo that Ubaldo was automatically on my roster before this thing even starts. What ever happened to gentlemenly 'unspoken' agreements? I guess they have to be screamed from now on.

Thats it.

Find a replacement. Im done.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Vriez wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Vriez wrote:
Timmah! wrote:

Ditto.

Ya, thats fucked up.

Apparently Pat didnt get the memo that Ubaldo was automatically on my roster before this thing even starts. What ever happened to gentlemenly 'unspoken' agreements? I guess they have to be screamed from now on.

Thats it.

Find a replacement. Im done.

I'm sure Pat would be happy to trade Jimenez to you. Now who was your 1st round pick?
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:26 pm

We do need to get this show on the road, though....

Im leaving for a movie and dinner with 10 minutes. I can leave a list, but I dont really want to for the wraparound.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:33 pm

Vriez wrote:
We do need to get this show on the road, though....

Im leaving for a movie and dinner with 10 minutes. I can leave a list, but I dont really want to for the wraparound.

Yeah, I still have some errands to run, and would like to get my picks in before I go.
Back to top Go down
spundin

spundin

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Haha. Well at least you don't have Maryland +9.5. Fuck this.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Just goes to show you, you don't need to know shit about college basketball to do well in these bracket pools. I got 28 of 32 right the first two days and every single Sweet 16 choice is still alive. Had Villanova this morning and have Memphis in Game 2. I honestly couldn't name more than 5-10 players in all of college ball. HaHa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 26 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next