RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
The Czar

The Czar

Draft Chatter - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Is my avatar obnoxious enough? Should I change it?
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:12 pm

The Czar wrote:
Is my avatar obnoxious enough? Should I change it?

Nah, go bigger! Cool
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:20 pm

Texted John....he'll be here in a couple minutes.

He's doing his Moderational duties.

Meanwhile, I'm finally about to get out of the office.

Like I said before, text me if we burn through the next four picks....I'll pull over if I have to.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:22 pm

So, looks like we've decided to go 2B then 3B heavy. A reminder to get my pair of adidas out for the later parts of the draft, given how many runs people want to make, LOL.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Hey John, why exactly is it you didn't think Halladay would ever recover like he did? He's always had the talent, and he's never had any major shoulder/elbow issues.
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:47 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
Hey John, why exactly is it you didn't think Halladay would ever recover like he did? He's always had the talent, and he's never had any major shoulder/elbow issues.

He lost velocity in 2007 *and* his K rate had been falling for 2 seasons - he changed his grip on his FB after a couple of episodes with forearm soreness that year, and that combined with his workload, I was *really* worried he was hiding a UCL injury. I stayed away last year big-time, and obviously others reaped the reward. He re-invented himself into a Webb v2.0 with even filthier stuff - but in a tougher league.

I really see him at the last or second-last rung of the 1st tier (and yeah, Lincecum *might* create himself a tier by himself, but until then....) - rather just enjoy Doc for 1 season (I haven't had him since the year he broke out in mid-season and 2 years after that, too expensive in Canada for my tastes, it's the total reverse here on his hype vs. in the USA).
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:54 pm

Damn, I changed my mind.

Can I have Youk back?

I was flip-flopping between the two.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Just got done talking to Ray. He said he'll be back to pick in about 10min.
Back to top Go down
GBPig99

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Czar I'm pretty surprised by the Davis pick actually but I'm glad you like him. Gives me more confidence about him in SSD. Also his 1B/3B will be nice in this league.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:09 pm

GBPig99 wrote:
Czar I'm pretty surprised by the Davis pick actually but I'm glad you like him. Gives me more confidence about him in SSD. Also his 1B/3B will be nice in this league.

Well, he could be a monster, or he could be Mark Reynolds. I just don't know yet.

In 2006, I took Ryan Howard in the 3rd round in a draft and was ridiculed unmercifully for it throughout the draft. There are a lot of things about Chris Davis' year last year that remind me of 2005 Ryan Howard. I do wish he were a little older though. Howard was 25 in that MVP season in 2006. I took Johan in the first, Rollins in the second, Howard in the 3rd and Sizemore in the 4th. IT was a great season.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Damn, that was fast, boys. Give me a minute to catch my bearings.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks for catching my slip, Ray - I wouldnt' have felt bad if I got sniped, but Jon getting sniped would have been ugly, since it was my fault.

As it turns out, you & Justin made my choice easy - I was so torn between Bay/Quentin/Vlad I decided to take Halladay and hope I didn't watch an Alex-like run of OF's around the turn, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:27 pm

Double, triple, and quadruple guessed taking Vlad right there. I more than a little scared that the knee surgery will sap his power a little bit and his ABs have been on a 3year decline....but I really think that he has at least 1 more year left. The power might be a little down, but I think he's in for a 3year high in RBI's with the addition of Abreu and his .390 OBP and base running skills hitting in the 2 slot. Im thinking the average goes up a little bit too.

Just really worried about a power outtage and lower games played. Hopefully Scioscia gives him a lot of time at DH. scratch
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Vriez wrote:
Double, triple, and quadruple guessed taking Vlad right there. I more than a little scared that the knee surgery will sap his power a little bit and his ABs have been on a 3year decline....but I really think that he has at least 1 more year left. The power might be a little down, but I think he's in for a 3year high in RBI's with the addition of Abreu and his .390 OBP and base running skills hitting in the 2 slot. Im thinking the average goes up a little bit too.

Just really worried about a power outtage and lower games played. Hopefully Scioscia gives him a lot of time at DH. scratch

Out of the OF options left (minus the so-called sleepers), Vlad was an excellent choice - if you chose Quentin, I was going Vlad.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:31 pm

Rotoraysfan wrote:
Vriez wrote:

Out of the OF options left (minus the so-called sleepers), Vlad was an excellent choice - if you chose Quentin, I was going Vlad.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

It was one of those picks where I hovered over the "submit" button for about 2 minutes.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:32 pm

You guys really like Vlad that much? He scares the SHIT out of me this year. With no more Anderson, he should see more time at DH then ever before. I do like the Abreu angle though.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:37 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
You guys really like Vlad that much? He scares the SHIT out of me this year. With no more Anderson, he should see more time at DH then ever before. I do like the Abreu angle though.

More ducks = less chance to pitch around him. Should make up for a lot of Tex's loss. Obviously even a keeper league is a dicey prop, but in a redraft at this position? Fine pick IMO.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:38 pm

Vriez wrote:
Double, triple, and quadruple guessed taking Vlad right there. scratch

Now what is his real age? 52? Razz
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:40 pm

HighLanderZ wrote:
Vriez wrote:
Double, triple, and quadruple guessed taking Vlad right there. scratch

Now what is his real age? 52? Razz

You sure it isn't 108?
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:58 pm

He's listed at 34. Im guessing its really more like 35 or 36. His cousin was already proven to have lied, so I wouldnt be surprised if he did too. He's not quite producing like an old man yet, though.

And Ray, why do you see a higher frequency of DH starts as a bad thing? Id be THRILLED if he DHs every game this year.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:09 pm

Sorry for the delay lads. I have a lot of stuff happening here.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Vriez wrote:
He's listed at 34. Im guessing its really more like 35 or 36. His cousin was already proven to have lied, so I wouldnt be surprised if he did too. He's not quite producing like an old man yet, though.

And Ray, why do you see a higher frequency of DH starts as a bad thing? Id be THRILLED if he DHs every game this year.

No, I consider that a great thing with him at DH more often. It just kind of came off wrong with the rest of my post.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Any chance it gets back to me tonight? I thought we would fly by this backend.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:38 pm

The Czar wrote:
Any chance it gets back to me tonight? I thought we would fly by this backend.

No idea, I would have thought so too.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:38 pm

If quick picks, I'd say yes - Ray has Boz's pick, and spundin/Kyle are both around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 10 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next