RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

Draft Chatter - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Fuck both of you, especially Dale
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:08 pm

I don't get this. I keep resizing the photos, I find HUGE ones at linkable URLs and still need a magnifying glass.
Sort it.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:09 pm

TitaniumMan wrote:
I don't get this. I keep resizing the photos, I find HUGE ones at linkable URLs and still need a magnifying glass.
Sort it.

I have no idea what is wrong with those. I use like 4 of their forums, and this is the only one that does this. Never had to change any settings on the other ones either.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:09 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
Fuck both of you, especially Dale
Hey- That was the only pick I had left that made a modicum of sense!
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Well, to be fair to Jon, he didn't know Dale's or my pick, but it's truly ironic he's in the middle of a SP run.

And I meant what I said before, Dale - I was really torn between the 3 guys chosen and 1 more (who I figure won't be around soon), LOL.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:15 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:
Sort it.

I have no idea what is wrong with those. I use like 4 of their forums, and this is the only one that does this. Never had to change any settings on the other ones either.

I've been using Google images.

Click on the "full size image", and copy and paste the URL into the space for off-site avatar.

I've had a couple not show up at all, but almost all of the photos I've tried have worked.

That being said, Jon Ritchie is being linked from the avatar I use on my keeper league's MB.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:17 pm

God this is a blast, but so stressful. Last 3 rounds I started up with 3-4 targets and only 6 guys to go (or so), and at least 2 of 'em are gone by the time it comes to me. It's so much of a difference when you don't have the guy or two who drafts all hometown guys, or only goes after hyped players, etc.

This league thinks WAY too much alike. cheers
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:28 pm

This run on SP's has claimed both guys I had lined up for the end of this round.

For now, it's pretty manageable...those last few rounds are gonna be tough.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Man my queue really dwindled for those last 2 picks.

I wanted Felix for the 1st one, and then either Broxton or Greinke for the 2nd one. Fucking Ray takes Greinke the pick immediately before me.

You guys think Marmol is too large a reach right there? His ADP is in the 130's but I had him as the next closer off the board. Its a little iffy since he's not the clear-cut closer...but if he gets the job it'll cut way down on IP and, in turn, health issues.

Yes, the Marmol pick makes me a bit of a hypocrite since I got into an argument with a few of you on his value......because of the usage issues and not being the clear-cut closer. I just felt like I needed the drop in WHIP since Billingsley is my ace.

I usually wait longer on closers, but I dont think I'll be able to beat everyone to the FA wire like I usually do in a league like this. In the past, I'll go into a season with only 1 decent closer and pick up all the 'closers-in-waiting' as they emerge. I doubt anyone will be sleeping on emerging options here. pale
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:33 pm

I almost took Marmol, but it would've been a second-guess of taking Bruce.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:53 pm

I almost took Marmol too, but I didn't want to risk him being the 1st RP I take and him not closing. I'm still in favor of him not closing as a Cub fan. Since he still hasn't been named the closer, I think my wishes are going to come true Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:00 pm

I'm very angry right now. Very angry.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:01 pm

So angry that I forgot my emoticon. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Rotoraysfan wrote:

There were 3 of you that I knew analyzed similar to me and a couple I was familiar enough with to know that, yes, some of my targets would be shot out of the sky by them.

But I haven't seen Quicks around much this season and didn't recall his sop or ops from a year ago. Suffice it to say surprised that he has sniped my #1 TWICE. And by #1 I mean the player that was my #1 with 6 or more picks down the pike from me. I mean, one can't really say the #1 in his queue after he makes his pick is the #1 he expects to get next time around.

That said, Uggla was a huuuuuuge value and that point and had already lasted way too long. Chris even admitted to being compelled to take him after his #1 queue pick left the building because he both had the need and would be a fool to pass him up.

But....But knowing that doesn't make the hurt go away. He WAS #1 in MY queue....*sniffle* and now he's gone.
Oh well, fuck'im.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:09 pm

The Czar wrote:
I'm very angry right now. Very angry.
Hey- Cruz wasn't going to make it past me either, Big Boy. So you would have been denied 2 ways to Opening Day.

(Insert appropriate emoticon here.)
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:13 pm

CHRIS! You BITCH! You DID IT AGAIN!!! I really thought he'd last, I really really did. Well, screw that. I'm not taking another pitcher until round 17.
SHAWN ESTES- COME ON DOWN!!!
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:17 pm

So is this the first league ever in which Javy isn't even a "value" pick. Still a great pick, don't get me wrong. I'm with Dale though, thought I could get him next round.

BULLSHIT
Back to top Go down
quickster12

quickster12

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:21 pm

TitaniumMan wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:

There were 3 of you that I knew analyzed similar to me and a couple I was familiar enough with to know that, yes, some of my targets would be shot out of the sky by them.

But I haven't seen Quicks around much this season and didn't recall his sop or ops from a year ago. Suffice it to say surprised that he has sniped my #1 TWICE. And by #1 I mean the player that was my #1 with 6 or more picks down the pike from me. I mean, one can't really say the #1 in his queue after he makes his pick is the #1 he expects to get next time around.

That said, Uggla was a huuuuuuge value and that point and had already lasted way too long. Chris even admitted to being compelled to take him after his #1 queue pick left the building because he both had the need and would be a fool to pass him up.

But....But knowing that doesn't make the hurt go away. He WAS #1 in MY queue....*sniffle* and now he's gone.
Oh well, fuck'im.

Yea the baseball forums to me just havent been what they used to be IMO. Plus, ive been very busy the last couple months and just havent gotten to post on the baseball forum a whole lot. Usually id just have enough time to read some of the info put out by the likes of yourself, Czar, and a few more of the obvious.

I had to take Uggla where he was, his fall was sort of like the Howard pick to me earlier, they both have some things that scare me, especially in a roto format, but where i was drafting them, i had to take em. That's why im banking on Ichiro's ever other year BAA boom to help negate the .260 or so averages by Ugs and Howard.

In this draft with this crew, i know im not gonna get away too often if i try to let a guy last one round further then he probably should.

It's bad enough i guessed wrong on the run on RP's. Maybe a shoulda read more of the forums. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:23 pm

You guys are all that high on Cruz? I never really got the chance to see him play last year. Being an annual MLB Extra Innings subscriber, I pride myself in being able to check out a newcomer/prospect when they first emerge......but I completely screwed the pooch on Cruz. Never got to see him play. This isnt the first time Ive seen great managers reach on him, so there's gotta be SOMETHING to the hype. After faltering a few times before in the biggs, I had kindof written him off as a AAAA player. The consensus is that he'll stay consistent in Texas all year next year?
Back to top Go down
quickster12

quickster12

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:26 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
So is this the first league ever in which Javy isn't even a "value" pick. Still a great pick, don't get me wrong. I'm with Dale though, thought I could get him next round.

BULLSHIT

Maybe, but i didnt want to take that chance being that i only have one SP. Plus, Javy has put up some very good years and has been in a hitters BP for the last what, 4 years. Now he's going to one of the best pitchers ballpark in all of baseball, moving back to the NL, and has to have a better defensive outfield then he did last year. I needed a pitcher, and with the way SP's have started to go, i felt i had to bite. His ADP is 126, so it's about 1 rounds worth of a reach but o well.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:33 pm

quickster12 wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

BULLSHIT

Maybe, but i didnt want to take that chance being that i only have one SP. Plus, Javy has put up some very good years and has been in a hitters BP for the last what, 4 years. Now he's going to one of the best pitchers ballpark in all of baseball, moving back to the NL, and has to have a better defensive outfield then he did last year. I needed a pitcher, and with the way SP's have started to go, i felt i had to bite. His ADP is 126, so it's about 1 rounds worth of a reach but o well.

Yep, the Cell is terrible for pitchers. The thing that might offset that though is pitching against the Mets, Marlins, and Phils a handful of times a year. I wouldn't read much into that ADP, he went exactly where he should have in this league.
Back to top Go down
quickster12

quickster12

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:40 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
quickster12 wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

BULLSHIT

Yep, the Cell is terrible for pitchers. The thing that might offset that though is pitching against the Mets, Marlins, and Phils a handful of times a year. I wouldn't read much into that ADP, he went exactly where he should have in this league.

Yea the sheet i have is a month old but it's a good POR, I dont mind having my K pitchers face the Marlins, cuz other then a higher ERA, the rest of your stats should be ok against them. As for the Mets and Phils, well one can only hope i guess. I usually dont put too much weight on the divisional rivals a whole lot cuz you cant predict which teams they'll be facing. In 07', Santana faced the Indians something like 6 times that year, while he faced the Royals twice. And the third time he was going to face em, the bridge in Minnesota colapsed and the game was postponed. lol. But who knows.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:43 pm

quickster12 wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
quickster12 wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

BULLSHIT

Yea the sheet i have is a month old but it's a good POR, I dont mind having my K pitchers face the Marlins, cuz other then a higher ERA, the rest of your stats should be ok against them. As for the Mets and Phils, well one can only hope i guess. I usually dont put too much weight on the divisional rivals a whole lot cuz you cant predict which teams they'll be facing. In 07', Santana faced the Indians something like 6 times that year, while he faced the Royals twice. And the third time he was going to face em, the bridge in Minnesota colapsed and the game was postponed. lol. But who knows.

Oh yea, and I would never pass up on a pitcher because he switched divisions. I still think he improves this year over last if he stays healthy. The summer heat might have a big effect on him though. Coming from Chicago to Atlanta, I can tell you that it's not even possible to prepare for that kind of a switch. Never know how that will effect someone, or it might not even bother him at all.
Back to top Go down
quickster12

quickster12

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:46 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
quickster12 wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
quickster12 wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

BULLSHIT

Oh yea, and I would never pass up on a pitcher because he switched divisions. I still think he improves this year over last if he stays healthy. The summer heat might have a big effect on him though. Coming from Chicago to Atlanta, I can tell you that it's not even possible to prepare for that kind of a switch. Never know how that will effect someone, or it might not even bother him at all.

He's from Puerto Rico and pitched in Arizona (i know it's airconditioned but still) for a year, so i dont think the heat will effect em too much.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:49 pm

quickster12 wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
quickster12 wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
quickster12 wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

BULLSHIT

He's from Puerto Rico and pitched in Arizona (i know it's airconditioned but still) for a year, so i dont think the heat will effect em too much.

It shouldn't, but sometimes you just never know how pitchers adjust to that kind of thing. The humidity down here is fucking BRUTAL in the summer. It's so dry in Arizona, I'd prefer their typical summer heat to a typical summer day out here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 16 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next