RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

Draft Chatter - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:16 am

MustacheToes wrote:
That's classic.

A bit hard to tell from the image, but the pig is raising its hind end, trying to make it easier for the elephant to mount.

Yes, very intellectual draft discussions found here. Razz
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:19 am

HighLanderZ wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
That's classic.

A bit hard to tell from the image, but the pig is raising its hind end, trying to make it easier for the elephant to mount.

Hah, seriously. Well that elephant just emailed me to take his cousin Sidney Ponson Very Happy

Dale is back again! But is this the time he picks? Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:19 am

Gents- If I have a bad night's sleep my neurological symptoms kick me in the head. Forgive me and allow another half hour for my thoughts to gel.
This draft has been unlike any other I have participated in. And I cannot be caught ankled lest you all do nasty things to my players. The fact that that last line makes sense to me should give you a hint to where I'm at.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:20 am

MustacheToes wrote:
HighLanderZ wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
That's classic.

Hah, seriously. Well that elephant just emailed me to take his cousin Sidney Ponson Very Happy

Dale is back again! But is this the time he picks? Surprised

As noted in the photo, the elephant is a pitcher!
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:21 am

Since there's only 12 people in the league, next picks come relatively quickly in terms of player queues. It might be helpful if people created a plan of attack for their next pick as soon as their last pick is completed. This way you can have a list of say 4 players at each of the 3 positions you're likely to go for next. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:22 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
Gents- If I have a bad night's sleep my neurological symptoms kick me in the head. Forgive me and allow another half hour for my thoughts to gel.
This draft has been unlike any other I have participated in. And I cannot be caught ankled lest you all do nasty things to my players. The fact that that last line makes sense to me should give you a hint to where I'm at.

All is good, as long as you don't snipe me.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:23 am

TitaniumMan wrote:

No problem. And don't worry about the last line - doesn't make sense to anyone! lol!
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:25 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
No worries - I only post there when it's the end of the night or to give ETA's when owners are OTC but not coming right away, as other owners didn't bother checking the Text notices in the other drafts.

BTW, as a double-check, the Entire Draft Thread that's pinned should help as well to keep your player lists current. The player list does that in theory, but then we have to depend on Ray. Razz

And FWIW, I was the 3rd owner who targeted Votto this round. In that bandbox, while I think he's got a lower ceiling than most of the young guns, he's a lot closer to achieving it this year. 30 HR's not a stretch in that launching pad (would be in most other venues).

I gave up Chris Davis for him in the process (was actually a five-player deal), but I decided it was worth it. I needed someone I could reasonably project to hit around .300 with power in my lineup, and I held out for him.

If he can throw in a few steals, it'll be gravy.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:41 am

Come on Dale. Everyone is here to make the turn quickly. Let's get a selection before one or more have to bail.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:42 am

Zara wrote:
Come on Dale. Everyone is here to make the turn quickly. Let's get a selection before one or more have to bail.
Picked while you typed. How ironic.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:43 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
Zara wrote:
Picked while you typed. How ironic.

Eeeeeeeeegggggsalad.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:51 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
Can we keep the commentary on picks to this thread?

I keep checking in, seeing that there's a reply in the Pick threads, and instead of crossing a name of the list, I'm seeing discussion and AFK notices.

Not trying to be a dick, but I don't want to miss a name or to in the midst of things.

No worries - I only post there when it's the end of the night or to give ETA's when owners are OTC but not coming right away, as other owners didn't bother checking the Text notices in the other drafts.

BTW, as a double-check, the Entire Draft Thread that's pinned should help as well to keep your player lists current. The player list does that in theory, but then we have to depend on Ray. Razz

And FWIW, I was the 3rd owner who targeted Votto this round. In that bandbox, while I think he's got a lower ceiling than most of the young guns, he's a lot closer to achieving it this year. 30 HR's not a stretch in that launching pad (would be in most other venues).

Well that pretty much confirms that just about everybody was looking at Votto next. I was REALLY impressed with him during BP at the World Baseball Classic. Dude was hitting some ropes. There was one guy, however, that impressed me most out of everyone there. He honestly had more pop during BP than ANYONE on all 4 teams (that I saw hit, anyways). My lips are closed until he gets drafted. afro
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:51 am

Well, everyone was here so I'm not sure what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:52 am

Vriez wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
Can we keep the commentary on picks to this thread?

I keep checking in, seeing that there's a reply in the Pick threads, and instead of crossing a name of the list, I'm seeing discussion and AFK notices.

Not trying to be a dick, but I don't want to miss a name or to in the midst of things.

Well that pretty much confirms that just about everybody was looking at Votto next. I was REALLY impressed with him during BP at the World Baseball Classic. Dude was hitting some ropes. There was one guy, however, that impressed me most out of everyone there. He honestly had more pop during BP than ANYONE on all 4 teams (that I saw hit, anyways). My lips are closed until he gets drafted. afro

BRO, YOU'RE OTC
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:53 am

LESS STORY TIME, MORE PICKY TIME!
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:57 am

MustacheToes wrote:
LESS STORY TIME, MORE PICKY TIME!

I'm ready with mine.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:59 am

You're up, Alex
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:01 am

Timmah! wrote:
You're up, Alex

REALLY wanted Cano, you asshole.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:02 am

At that stage in the draft where my queue list disappears faster than I can type it.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:02 am

I was looking at Cano for a while too, but already have him in SSD. I couldn't risk him doing what he did to me last year in 2 different leagues, I'd be on suicide watch.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

Vriez wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
You're up, Alex

As a rabid life-long Yankee fan, I like Cano, but wouldn't be heartbroken. Smile
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:04 am

Vriez wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
You're up, Alex

LOL.....I've been calling you guys Asses, Dicks, Motherfuckers and PeePee Heads for the last two days. SWEET REVENGE!!!!

Both of my Yankees are available, BTW.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:06 am

I almost took Peralta, but I'm positive Young is hitting closer to .315 this year then he will to .295, let alone .280. Rather stack that average up!
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:06 am

Middle infield talent is disappearing into thin air.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:07 am

Damn, Jon, I waited one round too long. I shouldn't have picked Chipper, but gawd if I can just get an adequate slug to fill in at 3rd (or first) when he's down I'll do fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 13 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next