RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
The Czar

The Czar

Draft Chatter - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:53 am

[quote="Rotoraysfan"]
The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
So, which of my guys will Dale take from me?

I hope he takes one of them, because I don't know if I can decide between the two.

I know at least one of your targets, LOL. Wink

The suspense is killing me.

You have him on your TBD team.[/quote]

Ha, wrong again my friend.

"Perhaps I put the iocain powder on my side, knowing that you would think that there is no way that I would put it on your side."
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:53 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:

I hope he takes one of them, because I don't know if I can decide between the two.

You have him on your TBD team.

INCONTHEIVABLE! Razz

Damn, my orb is broken. Very Happy

I had Lee as the 2nd choice...but Soriano I missed on. Still, in Roto a solid choice - just can't take that guy in H2H, LOL. Going into a week with Soriano on your team is like watching Mitch Williams or John Rocker in their primes taking the mound with the bags full and the winning run on 2nd.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:54 am

As soon as Phillips went off the board I knew Roberts wouldn't last.
Damn. I almost went Utley with my 1st pick. Oh well. Mark Ellis here I come!
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:54 am

I had Soriano pegged as Choice A but I did not have Lee pegged as option B.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:56 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:

INCONTHEIVABLE! Razz

I had Lee as the 2nd choice...but Soriano I missed on. Still, in Roto a solid choice - just can't take that guy in H2H, LOL. Going into a week with Soriano on your team is like watching Mitch Williams or John Rocker in their primes taking the mound with the bags full and the winning run on 2nd.

I was seriously considering BOTH Lee and Soriano in that 2nd round tier with Beltran. Hurt or not last year, I'm really surprised to see them slip to round 3. I suppose that I should thank Piggy for that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:57 am

By the way, calling him Piggy reminds me of Lord of the Flies......
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:58 am

I also chose between Soriano and Lee. Hmmm...That means in 2 rounds I was picking between my and Larry's pick.

Yes, you have a hearty lift from Kyle, Czar. You tits.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:01 am

LOL, I must say there was no way I was looking at Roberts in Round 3 in most drafts - I agree Kyle gets the award for ripple effect. cheers

Gotta say I love getting the last guy before the tier falls off. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:01 am

The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:

INCONTHEIVABLE! Razz

I was seriously considering BOTH Lee and Soriano in that 2nd round tier with Beltran. Hurt or not last year, I'm really surprised to see them slip to round 3. I suppose that I should thank Piggy for that. Very Happy

I almost never draft a OF w/i in the first few rounds, so a 2B was already on my radar from the word go. However, I waited unusually long even for me to pick up a OF in the TBD draft!
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:03 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
LOL, I must say there was no way I was looking at Roberts in Round 3 in most drafts - I agree Kyle gets the award for ripple effect. cheers

I love getting the first of the tier before the run starts. cheers

I wonder what the next run on a position will be. This draft is going to be crazy.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:03 am

HighLanderZ wrote:

I almost never draft a OF w/i in the first few rounds, so a 2B was already on my radar from the word go. However, I waited unusually long even for me to pick up a OF in the TBD draft!

Yeah, while Kyle wins the RotoWood 2009 award for ripple effect so far, you win the TBD 2009 - right after you said "I'm not worried, plenty of OF's left" to someone, I swear there must have been 25 OF's taken between your picks.

Dale, if it makes you feel better, I pretty much had Alexei/Phillips/Roberts as my 3rd-round choice after watching Kyle's gambit. So I doubt Phillips would have made it to you, and it might have been an even worse snipe to watch me take Phillips. Shocked

Of course, if it doesn't help, I tried. cheers

Last edited by Rotoraysfan on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:04 am

The Czar wrote:

I love getting the first of the tier before the run starts. cheers

I wonder what the next run on a position will be. This draft is going to be crazy.

Tell me about it.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:05 am

Okay, I actually have to teach a class in a few minutes and I'll be hit or miss for the rest of the day. Somebody text me if we move fast and it swings back to me. I'll make my pick when I can.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:06 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
HighLanderZ wrote:

Yeah, while Kyle wins the RotoWood 2009 award for ripple effect so far, you win the TBD 2009 - right after you said "I'm not worried, plenty of OF's left" to someone, I swear there must have been 25 OF's taken between your picks.

I've got a big mouth, lol! Laughing
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:09 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:

I LOVE Brian Roberts & almost waited to grab him w/ my 3rd pick instead of drafting Phillips w/ my 2nd.

Oh well, Phillips is on the block for anyone who might be interested!
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:09 am

This is not at all the way I usually draft.
BUT after going early on Rollins I couldn't leapfrog with my 2nd pick with Phillips. I also believed he would be there in round 3.
Holliday has so many skills that transcend ballpark I had to have him at...wherever the hell I picked him. He'll figure out the coliseum. If not, I paid a lot for a high BA. I suppose I can live with that.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:10 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
This is not at all the way I usually draft.
BUT after going early on Rollins I couldn't leapfrog with my 2nd pick with Phillips. I also believed he would be there in round 3.
Holliday has so many skills that transcend ballpark I had to have him at...wherever the hell I picked him. He'll figure out the coliseum. If not, I paid a lot for a high BA. I suppose I can live with that.

If you didn't take Holliday, I was. He'll be just fine in Oakland.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:13 am

I employ a strategy that solves problem positions so I'll be fine. Still, it's a bit of work and through providence I've merited the right to be lazy.

Smile

Rotoraysfan wrote:

Dale, if it makes you feel better, I pretty much had Alexei/Phillips/Roberts as my 3rd-round choice after watching Kyle's gambit. So I doubt Phillips would have made it to you, and it might have been an even worse snipe to watch me take Phillips. Shocked

Of course, if it doesn't help, I tried. cheers
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:13 am

Zara wrote:
I had Soriano pegged as Choice A but I did not have Lee pegged as option B.

Actually, I thought Jeremy Hermida might have been Choice A. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:16 am

By the way, if any of you guys have Sirius or XM, listen to the Scott Ferrall show tonite around 8:30pm EST. I'll be on talking baseball. Channel is Howard 101. Call in and ask questions too.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:25 am

I got tired of arguing with the Holliday haters on that board. I think people are overestimating Colorado now. It hasn't been as kind since the humidor and it is a BIG frickin park.

Dude is a stud. He will be just fine. Glad to see that others agree. Him slipping to the 35-40 range in drafts after being a first rounder previously is just rediculous.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:27 am

The Czar wrote:
I got tired of arguing with the Holliday haters on that board. I think people are overestimating Colorado now. It hasn't been as kind since the humidor and it is a BIG frickin park.

Dude is a stud. He will be just fine. Glad to see that others agree. Him slipping to the 35-40 range in drafts after being a first rounder previously is just rediculous.

Totally agree. I had the 17th overall pick in my 20 team league and was sitting there anxiously. Of course Holliday went 16th. Sad
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:28 am

Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:29 am

The Czar wrote:

I don't worry as much about the Colorado effect as much as the AL adjustment effect - Miggy's struggles in 1st half had as much to do with that IMO than anything else. I do think Holliday is a good bet for .300-30-100-100-20, but the rest will depend more on the lineup around him - the new league adjustment & OAK are legit concerns, but the drop is rather startling - those #'s should put you in the late 2nd round (20-25) at *worst*.

That team - how many teams in his league? Wow.

Last edited by Rotoraysfan on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:30 am

The Czar wrote:
You guys want a good laugh?

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b2/1336/1

If any of you guys draft a team that fugly, you will get blackballed from this league. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 8 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next