RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Vriez

Draft Chatter - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:07 am

MustacheToes wrote:
I almost took Peralta, but I'm positive Young is hitting closer to .315 this year then he will to .295, let alone .280. Rather stack that average up!

I wouldve taken Young if you wouldnt have.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:08 am

MustacheToes wrote:
I almost took Peralta, but I'm positive Young is hitting closer to .315 this year then he will to .295, let alone .280. Rather stack that average up!

That's why I took Cano....even if he only gets back up around .285-.290, it'll help balance out Dunn.

There's been a lot of good value picks recently, fine work, Gents!
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:08 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
Damn, Jon, I waited one round too long. I shouldn't have picked Chipper, but gawd if I can just get an adequate slug to fill in at 3rd (or first) when he's down I'll do fine.

Been watching Mauer for a few rounds. Figured I could pass on him at 6 since three of the four before me already had catchers.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:10 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
Damn, Jon, I waited one round too long. I shouldn't have picked Chipper, but gawd if I can just get an adequate slug to fill in at 3rd (or first) when he's down I'll do fine.

For all intents and purposes, I still don't have a 3B yet.

That first 8 weeks or so is gonna seem like forever, methinks.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:11 am

Fuck.

Disregard last message Toes. I didn't know he was taken.

Vriez, I hate you.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:11 am

The Czar wrote:
Fuck.

Disregard last message Toes. I didn't know he was taken.

Vriez, I hate you.

Hah, yeah. I wouldn't do that shit.
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

Timmah! wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:

Atkins is on the block! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:12 am

Timmah! wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:

X2 - lots of young talent out there still at 3B, I'm in no hurry.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:13 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:

X2 - lots of young talent out there still at 3B, I'm in no hurry.

Like Cody Ransom?
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:13 am

DAmn, this is moving too fast now. I have an F'n article to write!

How can I write when you guys are raping my Q?
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:17 am

I'm really shocked Mauer lasted that long, and it's a great value pick. I still wanted nothing to do with him this year after a full year last year. I really don't know what his durability is at this point and I'm playin the safe route.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:29 am

MustacheToes wrote:
I'm really shocked Mauer lasted that long, and it's a great value pick. I still wanted nothing to do with him this year after a full year last year. I really don't know what his durability is at this point and I'm playin the safe route.
But value is value.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:30 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
But value is value.

No doubt it is. All the nagging injuries already, an injured past, and coming off a full season while catching a lot of games scared the shit out of me. Part of the reason why I reached on Martin so much.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:32 am

MustacheToes wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
But value is value.

No doubt it is. All the nagging injuries already, an injured past, and coming off a full season while catching a lot of games scared the shit out of me. Part of the reason why I reached on Martin so much.

Even with all those issues, he's still my #1 rated catcher. Was thrilled to have him there.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:35 am

Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
But value is value.

Even with all those issues, he's still my #1 rated catcher. Was thrilled to have him there.

I love Mauer too. All he needs is some HGH to keep him on the field! Smile
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:35 am

Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
But value is value.

Yeah, it got to the point that I started to look at him. Since I still had no MI and already had Martin, Young was a no-brainer for me.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
But value is value.

Yeah, it got to the point that I started to look at him. Since I still had no MI and already had Martin, Young was a no-brainer for me.

Well, your Young pick forced my hand with the Jeter pick. I'm expecting almost identical production.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
But value is value.

Fair enough. Need has to play a role in draft decisions from time to time. For me, Mauer was a no-brainer.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:55 am

Come on, let's see if we can reach rd 20 by tonight!
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:58 am

HighLanderZ wrote:
Come on, let's see if we can reach rd 20 by tonight!

You're funny. We're once again going to be stuck on SCREECHTOAFUCKINGHALTster.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:01 am

I've been texting Boz all day, so if we can get quick I'll have his pick.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:36 am

MustacheToes wrote:

Winner of the award for least appropriate nickname.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:38 am

Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

lol!

Anyone following the tourny? Just heard on the radio that Calhoun is being taken to a hospital and will miss at least game 1. No details on what is wrong with him though.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:59 am

Zara wrote:

I don't know. Didn't he once say it had something to do with his performance in the bedroom?
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:04 pm

TitaniumMan wrote:
Zara wrote:

I don't know. Didn't he once say it had something to do with his performance in the bedroom?

I thought that was you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 14 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next