RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

Draft Chatter - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Gotta hand it to you Kyle....you are definitely going for the ripple effect! cheers

Can't fault the strategy after watching the success the first pair of matched picks had on the draft. Wink

The Gallardo pick is especially ballsy.... my kind of pick. Damn, this league is drafting *too* alike. Razz
Back to top Go down
GBPig99

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:06 pm

Rotoraysfan wrote:
Gotta hand it to you Kyle....you are definitely going for the ripple effect! cheers

Can't fault the strategy after watching the success the first pair of matched picks had on the draft. Wink

The Gallardo pick is especially ballsy.... my kind of pick. Damn, this league is drafting *too* alike. Razz

No kidding everyone I want has been going within a few picks of mine. I guess we all read the same forums and we're all pros!
Back to top Go down
GBPig99

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:07 pm

And the Gallardo pick is because I really think he has the highest ceiling of any pitcher left on the board for this year.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:09 pm

GBPig99 wrote:
And the Gallardo pick is because I really think he has the highest ceiling of any pitcher left on the board for this year.

You get no argument from me - it is crazy how many guys here do the boom/bust strategy though. Makes the "safe" picks seem like the crazy ones in this league, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:49 am

Can we keep the commentary on picks to this thread?

I keep checking in, seeing that there's a reply in the Pick threads, and instead of crossing a name of the list, I'm seeing discussion and AFK notices.

Not trying to be a dick, but I don't want to miss a name or to in the midst of things.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:49 am

And BTW.....

Larry, if you hadn't taken Votto then, he certianly wouldn't have made it past #73.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:56 am

Timmah! wrote:
And BTW.....

Larry, if you hadn't taken Votto then, he certianly wouldn't have made it past #73.

He wouldn't have gotten past pick #68
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:56 am

Timmah! wrote:
And BTW.....

I think he was next on EVERYONE'S list. You are the third person I have heard that from and I really think Dale would have taken him next, but I haven't heard from him. He is the one that I was pretty much certain would be going Votto if I let him get to him.

He had zero chance of making it to #73.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:01 am

BTW- I checked 4 different projection systems on Votto and damn, he should be a lot higher on draft lists if that many guys believe in him.

EVERY single projection has him hitting over .300 with 29-30 HR's and 10-13 SB's. The runs and RBI's are all on the low side though, which I can't seem to figure out since if he moves up in the lineup with no Dunn, he will be in a prime position. I don't see how you hit .300 and 30 bombs and don't get 100+ RBI according to the projections.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:03 am

The Czar wrote:
BTW- I checked 4 different projection systems on Votto and damn, he should be a lot higher on draft lists if that many guys believe in him.

EVERY single projection has him hitting over .300 with 29-30 HR's and 10-13 SB's. The runs and RBI's are all on the low side though, which I can't seem to figure out since if he moves up in the lineup with no Dunn, he will be in a prime position. I don't see how you hit .300 and 30 bombs and don't get 100+ RBI according to the projections.

I guess they don't like his supporting cast and their OBP's? At least when Dunn was there he was on base all the time. I agree with you though, he has a good shot of going 100/100. Hopefully for your sake, he doesn't hit behind Bruce though, at least not this year.
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:03 am

The Czar wrote:

I have him at .301-24-102-79-8
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:11 am

The Czar wrote:
He had zero chance of making it to #73.

I kinda figured he'd be off thel ist around this point, and as much as I wanted to take him, 48/49 was too soon, I thought.

I traded for him in my dynasty league over the offseason, and about half the league's owners have tried trading for him already.

There may not be a player with a clue that isn't targeting him this year.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:13 am

I took him with the 64th overall pick in my 20 team league and was thrilled to have him.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:26 am

Well Alex, I see you are still holding a grudge against OFs in yet another league Evil or Very Mad

I'm just bored, and needed to post something. blah blah blah. You guys like your teams? I will love or hate my team after my next pick.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:31 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Well Alex, I see you are still holding a grudge against OFs in yet another league Evil or Very Mad

I'm just bored, and needed to post something. blah blah blah. You guys like your teams? I will love or hate my team after my next pick.

My early picks are easy to predict, as I tend to always wait for pitching & OFs. I actually wasn't just responding to the picks of others; it's just me being pig-headed! pig

I'm liking my roster in these early stages, but I'm looking to have fun in this league, so let the trades flow! Everyone other than Reyes is on the block, BTW.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:32 am

HighLanderZ wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

My early picks are easy to predict, as I tend to always wait for pitching & OFs. I actually wasn't just responding to the picks of others; it's just me being pig-headed! pig

I'm liking my roster in these early stages, but I'm looking to have fun in this league, so let the trades flow! Everyone other than Reyes is on the block, BTW.

Tell me who you are picking next so I can snipe you.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:33 am

MustacheToes wrote:
HighLanderZ wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

Twisted Evil

Another Cubbie! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:34 am

I hate my team.

After all, there's a Yankee in the house elephant

I'm not sure why I used the elephant emoticon, but then again, what IS it for?
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:34 am

HighLanderZ wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
HighLanderZ wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

Twisted Evil

Another Cubbie! jocolor

Well if that's the case, then better you then me. Those heartless bastids...
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:35 am

Timmah! wrote:
I hate my team.

The elephant likes to pork the pig? har har har

elephant pig

scratch
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:35 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
I hate my team.

elephant pig

scratch

South Park did it.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:36 am

Timmah! wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
I hate my team.

elephant pig

scratch

South Park did it.

I'm not sure if you are trying to confuse me, but if not that went straight over my head.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:37 am

Timmah! wrote:
I hate my team.

To say, "Your team sucks elephant balls"?
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:37 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
I hate my team.

elephant pig

scratch

South Park did it.

I'm not sure if you are trying to confuse me, but if not that went straight over my head.

You never saw the South Park episode where the elephant & pig have sex? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:38 am

HighLanderZ wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
I hate my team.

To say, "Your team sucks elephant balls"?

I've always preferred the expression sucks donkeynuts. I think we need to add the jackass emoticon. It would have many uses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 11 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next