RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
GBPig99

Draft Chatter - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Ya I was looking overall my OF list and glanced at my pitching list. I had to check twice to see if Lowe was actually still there. Probably should have just taken him since Nadys not a prize or anything.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Zara wrote:
Is quickster actually on or is one of those things where he's been logged in for hours but not actually here?

I didn't see him either, so I texted him and got shit for it.
Back to top Go down
quickster12

quickster12

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Timmah! wrote:
Zara wrote:
Is quickster actually on or is one of those things where he's been logged in for hours but not actually here?

I didnt mean to come off brash or anything, i guess the site screwed up cuz i was on the page and if it didnt say i was on, then i cant help it if i was texted.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:29 pm

I have a feeling Vriezy is about to get his revenge and snipe me here....
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:31 pm

quickster12 wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
Zara wrote:

I didnt mean to come off brash or anything, i guess the site screwed up cuz i was on the page and if it didnt say i was on, then i cant help it if i was texted.

I hear ya, I was just trying to help things along becuase I"m gonna be leaving soon, and have to make a stop along the way, so I may not be at a keyboard again for a while.

Then again, I just saw Alex's post saying he won't be back until 5:30 or so, so I may be picking from my car anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Timmah! wrote:
quickster12 wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
Zara wrote:

I hear ya, I was just trying to help things along becuase I"m gonna be leaving soon, and have to make a stop along the way, so I may not be at a keyboard again for a while.

Then again, I just saw Alex's post saying he won't be back until 5:30 or so, so I may be picking from my car anyway.

If you text him, he'll pick.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:34 pm

I can text him after I pick, but unless Vriez comes back and picks in less then 20 minutes I'll also be on the road, I will be able to pick and tell someone his pick if need be, just no computer till 5:30 or so.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:35 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
I can text him after I pick, but unless Vriez comes back and picks in less then 20 minutes I'll also be on the road.

I'm out for 30 mins, then I can do it so we're covered except from 450 to 505 LOL.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:57 pm

I'm heading out. I'll be back on after 6.

Go ahead and text me if Alex picks, and I'll follow up.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Heading out as well, will be back in 30......... maybe.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:07 pm

Guys- I have to leave now. Would rather not leave Larry with 9 players. Sorry. I'll be back no later than 5:30 PM PDT.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Wow. You guys are bitches. I expected a run on closers, but not like this.

Its my own fault. I was going to take Cordero or Francisco for my last pick, but figured that I'd be able to get a decent option the next time around. Stupid mistake. All that was left was a bunch of injury concerns and shitty skills.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Vriez wrote:

Its my own fault. I was going to take Cordero or Francisco for my last pick, but figured that I'd be able to get a decent option the next time around. Stupid mistake. All that was left was a bunch of injury concerns and shitty skills.

I so saw this coming. I was telling John this last night. I almost took a closer instead of Dempster last night just because I didn't know what kind of condition it would be in when it got back to me. I kept going back and forth between him and Bell.

For one, the closer run initially was later than it normally is. I tried to start it and honestly, some of you should have followed my lead as the timing was right. So, it started as a sprinkling of closers rather than a "run."

I knew when it did finally come, it would come fast and furious and get very ugly very quickly. I expected almost every closer to be taken almost consecutively and that is pretty much what happened. I wrote down three names: Bell, Qualls, Francisco on my little notepad. I was happy to get one of them.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:37 pm

BTW- this was my "bathroom" break.

Check back in an hour.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:39 pm

The Czar wrote:
Vriez wrote:

I so saw this coming. I was telling John this last night. I almost took a closer instead of Dempster last night just because I didn't know what kind of condition it would be in when it got back to me. I kept going back and forth between him and Bell.

For one, the closer run initially was later than it normally is. I tried to start it and honestly, some of you should have followed my lead as the timing was right. So, it started as a sprinkling of closers rather than a "run."

I knew when it did finally come, it would come fast and furious and get very ugly very quickly. I expected almost every closer to be taken almost consecutively and that is pretty much what happened. I wrote down three names: Bell, Qualls, Francisco on my little notepad. I was happy to get one of them.

Yep, agreed - I did say we were lucky enough to probably wait...if I didn't have Francisco in TBD and so cursed, I would have taken Francisco ahead of Cordero - but I have to resort to Costanza-like picking when it comes to *drafting* closers. WW speculation I'm fine with....

I see dead/murdering closers.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 4:54 pm

I love the Brett Myers pick. I think he's being severely underrated this year....especially if he really did lose 30 pounds. What the hell did he do? cut off a leg? Shocked
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:06 pm

Vriez wrote:
I love the Brett Myers pick. I think he's being severely underrated this year....especially if he really did lose 130 pounds. What the hell did he do? cut off a leg? Shocked

Forgot that his wife was in the trunk, but then he remembered that he had locked her in there.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:07 pm

The Czar wrote:

I took those guys just to give you folks something (or someone) to laugh at.
Back to top Go down
quickster12

quickster12

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
Vriez wrote:

Yep, agreed - I did say we were lucky enough to probably wait...if I didn't have Francisco in TBD and so cursed, I would have taken Francisco ahead of Cordero - but I have to resort to Costanza-like picking when it comes to *drafting* closers. WW speculation I'm fine with....

You should draft Ugeth Urbina then. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:15 pm

quickster12 wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
Vriez wrote:

You should draft Ugeth Urbina then. Laughing

Sh! No name dropping please. He is on my radar.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Sorry guys....I was here at around 6 PM waiting for Vriez when two of our patients went sour unexpectedly - one died and one *nearly* did.

Kind of hard to text picks while telling family that kind of news, LOL.

(Hope you all understand. If not, you are a bunch of heartless bastards. Which is why I joined this league, but still). cheers

lol!
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:25 pm

ok boys. Derek Lowe story. So it's Game 2 of the 2003 ALCS. My boy at Morgan Stanley scores us tix. Says he won't say where they are, he'll show us when we get there. Turns out, I'm first row dead center of the Yankees dugout. So players are on top step for National Anthem. After the anthem, I yell out to the players that they should lay off Derek Lowe's sinker since he NEVER throws it for a strike and that they should tee off on his puss slider or fastball. Nick Johnson turns and smiles and nods at me. Bottom of the 2nd, Yankees trail 1-0, man on first, Johnson is up. First pitch sinker in the dirt. Second pitch, puss, BOOM!!!! Two run bomb. It was awesome. Yeah, you're thinking that's lame, weak story. Shut up. Top 3, 2 outs Ortiz grounds to Jeter who throws to first. Inning over. Johnson carries the game ball to the dugout, points directly at me and throws me the GAME BALL. Yeah, he remembered the conversation and gave me the game ball. AWESOME. I ended up giving it to some kid half way up the section. Made his life. He was beaming for the rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
mark-

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Am I allowed to post in this forum, or, like Larry's jacket, is it "Members Only"?
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:29 pm

Zara wrote:
ok boys. Derek Lowe story. So it's Game 2 of the 2003 ALCS. My boy at Morgan Stanley scores us tix. Says he won't say where they are, he'll show us when we get there. Turns out, I'm first row dead center of the Yankees dugout. So players are on top step for National Anthem. After the anthem, I yell out to the players that they should lay off Derek Lowe's sinker since he NEVER throws it for a strike and that they should tee off on his puss slider or fastball. Nick Johnson turns and smiles and nods at me. Bottom of the 2nd, Yankees trail 1-0, man on first, Johnson is up. First pitch sinker in the dirt. Second pitch, puss, BOOM!!!! Two run bomb. It was awesome. Yeah, you're thinking that's lame, weak story. Shut up. Top 3, 2 outs Ortiz grounds to Jeter who throws to first. Inning over. Johnson carries the game ball to the dugout, points directly at me and throws me the GAME BALL. Yeah, he remembered the conversation and gave me the game ball. AWESOME. I ended up giving it to some kid half way up the section. Made his life. He was beaming for the rest of the game.

Great story.

Nick is a local boy from here in Sacramento. The was the first time that a story was ever told using the word puss and it wasn't in reference TO Johnson. lol.

*seriously, it's a shame that kid can't stay healthy.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:30 pm

Me and John aren't friends any more.

*stop reading my Frickin' posts and stop looking at my draft in TBD!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 23 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 35  Next