RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

Draft Chatter - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:57 pm

I have no objections, but it has to be fine with the others as well...
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:58 pm

At 6'5" and 230lbs, I say it's fine damn it. That's of course, assuming there's nobody bigger or trained in martial arts. affraid
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:00 pm

watch the 2nd one, definitely not kid and probably not wife safe btw.

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/index.php/2009/03/florida-panthers-fan-exposes-herself-on-live-tv/

gotta love america and hockey
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Well- You gents know who I picked if the league overturns it.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:06 pm

TitaniumMan wrote:
Well- You gents know who I picked if the league overturns it.

shouldn't be a problem, and it doesn't appear to have any effect on larry's pick so no problem.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:08 pm

I don't have a problem either way.......except to point that this pick is another reason why we should *all* keep our mouths shut before drafting....

(And no, I wasn't targeting him, so not complaining, just chilling how much RW thread discussion gets recalled, LOL).
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:09 pm

Great work guys, I got quickster's short list for Round 26, spundin going to be at work PC in about 20 mins and will be ready afterwards to go so we are still on!
cheers
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:25 pm

The Czar wrote:
Well Fuck, that F'n sucked.

My pick was actually based on his pick. Oh well. Give me a minute as everyone figures this out.

Wow, that was close. I was all locked and loaded on Dickerson last round, but when Kuo went, I figured a MR was on, so I went with my other sneaky closer play in Wheeler and thought Dickerson would be gone.

Then when everything went bad, I almost went with Dickerson again instead, but I figured that everyone had already seen the Wheeler pick and I might as well roll with it as he had to be on some radars.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Rotoraysfan wrote:
I don't have a problem either way.......except to point that this pick is another reason why we should *all* keep our mouths shut before drafting....

(And no, I wasn't targeting him, so not complaining, just chilling how much RW thread discussion gets recalled, LOL).
Remember- I posted in a couple threads that I agreed with you about Niemann. Personally I wouldn't mind if they DID put him in the rotation, I'm willing to take a chance on him wherever.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:41 pm

This draft really is going to take it's toll on the forums. There are a lot of posters in here that were previously willing to comment on players and now that we are all leaguing together, the information may not be as forthcoming.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:43 pm

The Czar wrote:
This draft really is going to take it's toll on the forums. There are a lot of posters in here that were previously willing to comment on players and now that we are all leaguing together, the information may not be as forthcoming.

I think it will be forthcoming....in-season. I mean, I still post all the time on guys....but yeah, I think come around January though, a lot of us are just gonna keep our mouths shut. And I would readily admit I kept mum on *which* MILB guys I wanted, too. Just a byproduct of the RW Forums' success.

Do you think that had something to do with last night's draft - the others had a better read on you than you on them? Just curious.

And yes, I did have Cruz last Aug/Sept., and I watched him, I just kept *really* quiet until TBD, thinking that was my only RW draft. Wink

OOPS.

lol!
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:

I think it will be forthcoming....in-season. I mean, I still post all the time on guys....but yeah, I think come around January though, a lot of us are just gonna keep our mouths shut. And I would readily admit I kept mum on *which* MILB guys I wanted, too. Just a byproduct of the RW Forums' success.

Do you think that had something to do with last night's draft - the others had a better read on you than you on them? Just curious.

And yes, I did have Cruz last Aug/Sept., and I watched him, I just kept *really* quiet until TBD, thinking that was my only RW draft. Wink

OOPS.

lol!

That's almost exactly like I felt like what was going down. I felt like all of the guys that I was targeting in my Q were getting nailed left and right. Both guys on each side of me were in my head man. I don't know if they are RW guys or not, but I was sniped like 10 times in that draft. And it was the first time I have used a 60 second clock, so the time adjustment was killer as well. Nothing like waiting on Morneau at 28 and having him go at 27, when you thought for sure he would last until 34. It was that way all night. Then I was like, damn, I don't want CC here, but shit. Then in the 4th, it was the same deal and Bay was snatched in front of me, so I just settled for McCann and didn't really like that pick. Then my 5th round target in Davis was sniped, so I started to reach at that point and took Votto a round early. and felt like my whole plan was gone.

By the way, the other guys I didn't post yet, Smoltz, Zimmermann, and Beurhle. I know some of you commented on the pitching being weak, but that might shore it up a little. Also have Andy LaRoche and Mike Fontenot on that squad.

I just felt like everyone studied my style from last year and used it against me. Too many guys drafted like me. I guess a 30 point ass whipping riled some of them up.

I hated using ESPN with 60 seconds. IT was the first time I had used it. I would try to look at ADP and LAST years numbers and it woulded let me. I could only look at their projections and if I changed to Last years stats, it would scramble the ADP order. It was totally fucked up.j

I'm going to have to own the waiver wire again in there. Last year my first pickup was Shaun Marcum, followed by Brandon Morrow.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:06 pm

The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:

OOPS.

lol!

That's almost exactly like I felt like what was going down. I felt like all of the guys that I was targeting in my Q were getting nailed left and right. Both guys on each side of me were in my head man. I don't know if they are RW guys or not, but I was sniped like 10 times in that draft. And it was the first time I have used a 60 second clock, so the time adjustment was killer as well. Nothing like waiting on Morneau at 28 and having him go at 27, when you thought for sure he would last until 34. It was that way all night. Then I was like, damn, I don't want CC here, but shit. Then in the 4th, it was the same deal and Bay was snatched in front of me, so I just settled for McCann and didn't really like that pick. Then my 5th round target in Davis was sniped, so I started to reach at that point and took Votto a round early. and felt like my whole plan was gone.

By the way, the other guys I didn't post yet, Smoltz, Zimmermann, and Beurhle. I know some of you commented on the pitching being weak, but that might shore it up a little. Also have Andy LaRoche and Mike Fontenot on that squad.

I just felt like everyone studied my style from last year and used it against me. Too many guys drafted like me. I guess a 30 point ass whipping riled some of them up.

I hated using ESPN with 60 seconds. IT was the first time I had used it. I would try to look at ADP and LAST years numbers and it woulded let me. I could only look at their projections and if I changed to Last years stats, it would scramble the ADP order. It was totally fucked up.j

I'm going to have to own the waiver wire again in there. Last year my first pickup was Shaun Marcum, followed by Brandon Morrow.

Hmm, that's interesting - I try and change up a little too, as you noticed I got a bunch of my sleepers, but I also had a completely different core. But yeah, I get what you're saying. I don't think you need to worry as much about who you like - it's when the discussion comes to ADP that people get inside info IMO.

That's why I *never* talk ADP or Round selection on the Forums - I talk about if I believe they're for real, they're likely to get better, or if they're a fluke/mirage, but I *never* get into ADP discussion.

Keeps them all guessing, but gives great information IMO. I doubt I'll change much....unless you guys all kill me next year.

And yes, this was so much fun, you've got me - you keep this Roto, I'll be back next year for SURE.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:08 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
Timmah! wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
The Cubs players all call Fonty the Pocket Rocket Shocked

I can dig it....I'm only 5'7", so small guys with 20-homer power are always cool by me.

Wink

I really hope he gets the full time job at 2B, but with Lou I would never c ount on it. Good gamble pick at this point though...

Thanks, I almost went with Lowell, but figured that I'd gamble on upside here.

20 homers may have been overstating things, but if he can get 450-500 PA's then I think I can get .285 with 15 homers out of him....not bad for this late.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:13 pm

I was looking at Fontenot, but I'm pretty happy about getting the other Chicago second baseman here.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:21 pm

A testament to what a fantasy geek I am....

One of the best parts of my day so far was when two of my starters on my English soccer team didn't make appearances. They do auto-subs, and the two players moved in combined for 20 points, and one of them was the highest-scoring player in the league this week.

With seven weeks left in the season my lead in the Rotoworld Cup went from 11 to 45 points.

Dig it.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:25 pm

I need to run out for a few minutes.

I know we're getting close to my next pick, so I will try to get back as soon as I can.

I;m texting two names to RRF, in the interest of movement. If they're gone, I'll make the picks myself.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Thanks, most appreciated!
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Who drafted Chris Ray then? I can't find him.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Round 19.227 spundin.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Sending you a list John... about to take off for dinner.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:44 pm

OK thanks.

Unlike Zara, who *always* makes us wait.

What a poseur. geek

Laughing
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:45 pm

What a dope. I only went back to round 20.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Just sent that list John...
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:48 pm

It gets any bigger, I'm going to have put chapters on it.

You'll be fine, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 32 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next