RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Vriez

Draft Chatter - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:08 am

Hurry up and get back to me boys. I have to leave for a pistons game in like 5 minutes. I wanna pick before i leave.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:13 am

Vriez wrote:
Hurry up and get back to me boys. I have to leave for a pistons game in like 5 minutes. I wanna pick before i leave.

I'm hoping but it all depends on Ray ... Surprised

This is going to be like raising the dead!
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:14 am

HighLanderZ wrote:
Vriez wrote:

Yes! The dead has arisen!
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:15 am

HighLanderZ wrote:
Vriez wrote:

I texted him, too.

I don't have a lot going on today, but there will be some things to do, so getting these picks in now would make it a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:18 am

Justin- Street isn't a handcuff at this point, he's a ball and chain.
Back to top Go down
Wizard of Boz

Wizard of Boz

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:19 am

We will see Dale, we will see.....lol Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=52124
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:23 am

Boz- As an A's fan I had a front row seat to his grim decline
Back to top Go down
Wizard of Boz

Wizard of Boz

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:28 am

Honestly bro, I hate Street but I needed to grab another RP. I actually do agree with you. Know what convinced me? Reading what this guy Marlins in Rotoworld had to say....lol

Starting here...

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=119898&view=findpost&p=1159991
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:29 am

Wizard of Boz wrote:
Honestly bro, I hate Street but I needed to grab another RP. I actually do agree with you. Know what convinced me? Reading what this guy Marlins in Rotoworld had to say....lol

Starting here...

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=119898&view=findpost&p=1159991

Marlins<Rush2112. ZING!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Wizard of Boz

Wizard of Boz

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:32 am

I think they both wack it....just interesting seeing some of people inputs and any research they have dug deep into.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Wizard of Boz

Wizard of Boz

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:37 am

Hey Ray, turn on AIM or YIM asshole... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:40 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
Geez guys- Draft is going well if you ask me.
Yes- My babe has demands too. So I am also whipped. Oh well. At least I don't live in freakin' Canada!

I agree it's going well, and I don't have a problem with being AFK, but when you're actually texting and you already get 1 pick in and then we are actually talking about the *next* pick when he's OTC...then suddenly going dark for 2 hours just as the pick is being decided, with 1 obscure text in between......sorry, *that's* pussy-whipped. I don't care how *hot* the date is - one more text, all I ask! Laughing

You'll notice I didn't give you or Zara a hard time - it's just I've never had that happen when I actually have a guy on text and we're picking - it's all good, spundin's normally able to pick under *any* conditions, but given how unique the circumstances were I just wasn't gonna let it go without a *little* grief. Razz

(Come on, I'm entitled here, so let me have my moment here! Very Happy )

As for Czar, I'm just giving Larry a hard time since he actually confessed - I was about to get his target when he went silent too LOL. It made no difference in the end, but I figured I might as well bust his chops, too, since he confessed. At least he came back at 2 AM and snuck out on his wife - *that's* true commitment to the league.

(And yeah, the wife gets pissed at me too - guess I don't mind the couch as much sometimes....or I'm just an insensitive bastard. Take your pick.)

P.S. Is it wrong when you get banished to the couch to think, "hmm, well at least I can go online with the laptop?". Naaahhhhhhh.

lol!

Last edited by Rotoraysfan on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:41 am

How did my name get in here? Nobody picks faster than me. I don't need to research or consult lists. You tell me I'm OTC and name immediately comes flying. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:44 am

Zara wrote:
How did my name get in here? Nobody picks faster than me. I don't need to research or consult lists. You tell me I'm OTC and name immediately comes flying. cheers

I'm just busting everyone's chops who left without leaving a target last night...as an excuse to give spundin grief without really attacking hard - I actually get it, it was just *sooooo* crazy to be talking and go dark just as the pick is coming in *right then*....and then wait 2 hours.........then have the same happen with Czar 30 mins later.

Basically, you're all just collateral damage victims here. Live with it.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:45 am

Well, when the guy seven picks away from me drafts a guy already drafted and then disappears, I was pretty confident we weren't getting to me anyway. Hmmmm, is Hanley Ramirez taken?? Razz
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:46 am

Speaking of disappearing, have we lost Vriez to the Michigan Correctional Facility game yet?
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:48 am

Zara wrote:
Speaking of disappearing, have we lost Vriez to the Michigan Correctional Facility game yet?

He has a list with him, HLZ texted him. We should be good. It would have been easier, though, if spundin hadn't picked Ubaldo - that's his "break glass and pick in case of emergency" safety net, LOL.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:49 am

Zara wrote:

No response yet to my text.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:50 am

HighLanderZ wrote:
Zara wrote:

No response yet to my text.

He probably has the phone with security while he's being strip searched to enter the arena. Michigan Correctional Facility games are tight.
Back to top Go down
quickster12

quickster12

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:54 am

I'll be around till about 4, then i'll be MIA for a bit since i'll be playing some stickball and football. Hopefully by then, i'll have my next 2 picks in.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:58 am

quickster12 wrote:
I'll be around till about 4, then i'll be MIA for a bit since i'll be playing some stickball and football. Hopefully by then, i'll have my next 2 picks in.

With all the guys here, and since it's after 1 PM EST, hopefully we can get those 2 picks in *AND* the next 2 picks in before 4 PM EST.

And you all have my vote to text spundin as repeatedly as possible and ask if he scored last night. Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:00 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
Boz- As an A's fan I had a front row seat to his grim decline

I agree. I watched Street slide as well.

Colorado is going to be rough.

BTW- When Marlins liked a guy, I draft OPPO. Same with Fontaine. I think they are the same guy.

Rush >> Marlins/Fontaine

That guy doesn't add anything to the forums, but *at least* his little driveby one liners are in threads of guys that I'm targeting als "in the middle or later rounds." Haha. lol!
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:07 am

Marlins actually writes somewhere, too. Scary. He's good at the reporting...the analysis is well, unique. Wish he could take constructive criticism better, that's key if you're going to put yourself out there - goes with the territory. Plus, it's the only way you learn & get better. Ah well.

And yes, now we're at the stage where I'll pull my favorite sleepers out, Larry - nice memory, glad I was picking ahead of you! Wink
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:13 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
Marlins actually writes somewhere, too. Scary. He's good at the reporting...the analysis is well, unique. Wish he could take constructive criticism better, that's key if you're going to put yourself out there - goes with the territory.

And yes, now we're at the stage where I'll pull my favorite sleepers out, Larry - nice memory, glad I was picking ahead of you! Wink

I don't think he writes anywhere.

I think Lenny Melnick allowed him to post an article to try and generate some controversy. It was Lenny's way of stirring up readership and encouraging guys in the forums at his website, but I don't think "The Jibb" was a regular contributor.

He posted the same article as Marlins on the RW board and it didn't look like his work after it had already been posted as "The Jibb" at the other site. I contacted Lenny about it and we squared it up that it was the same guy. Then I proceeded to rip the "anal"ysis a new one. I think it was the "Braun is guaranteed to bust" piece.

Yeah, my memory is pretty solid John. How else do you think I can give hour long history lectures without consulting notes so that I can post on RW and do drafts all day?

I think it blows the kids away that I can take them through the entire French Revolution and the Rise of Napolean and answer all their questions and I hardly ever have to consult my notes.

I can tell that you guys don't forget anything either from the snipeage that is going on. Mad
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:15 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
Marlins actually writes somewhere, too. Scary. He's good at the reporting...the analysis is well, unique. Wish he could take constructive criticism better, that's key if you're going to put yourself out there - goes with the territory. Plus, it's the only way you learn & get better. Ah well.

I actually find the reporting annoying as hell. All he is doing is copying the front page of RW, Fanball, Yahoo, etc. and making posts about it. At first he never gave credit to anyone and that really annoyed me. If you are going to post an article or news blurb that somebody else wrote, you at least need to site it and not make it come off as your own. We had words about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 29 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next