RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

Draft Chatter - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:35 am

Can we just award Kyle Ben Sheets & Mike Cameron, then move forward? Razz
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:38 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:
Ugh. Someone remove me from my frustration filled coma if it's ever my turn to pick.

Heh, I'm with you on that. I keep flip-flopping what strategies I want to use with each passing moment.

Yeah. I'm basically going to attempt my anti-draft so to speak. In most drafts, there's always two players I'm deciding between when I make my selection. Normally, I end up taking player A. In this draft, I'm taking Player B. Miggy was Player B to my Player A Grady Sizemore.

Yeah, in the TBD league I had the #6 pick (and A-Rod got passed on there for dynasty reasons), I honestly had a tough time deciding between Sizemore/Braun *forever*, I still think Miggy was the right call. I ended taking Braun, if only for the name value (since I was already planning a gigantic future build), figured he had the bigger name value for trading. No doubt I would have taken Miggy if he was there at #6, though.

In some ways, the A-Rod injury made it easier to pick #6, LOL.

Re: #7 & #8, not really *that* surprised - I don't think Utley would have made it back to Larry at #17, and I'm not sure Rollins goes back to Dale at #18 either. I do think Upton would be there for Pat at #14, but since he's only 2 picks away, he gets the guy he wants now, and he has a bunch of good choices left. While the exact order of #1 to #18 might differ, I suspect the top 20 is going to be fairly standard.

Yeah, I can't see any instance that Utley makes it back to Larry. I'm just to Larry going with safer picks, and I still think Utley is a bit of a risk even with him back in game action already.

I'm still undecided on Rollins for this year, I think he will settle inbetween 07 and 08, and with SS eligibility that will make him 1st round material easily.
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:40 am

Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:
Ugh. Someone remove me from my frustration filled coma if it's ever my turn to pick.

Heh, I'm with you on that. I keep flip-flopping what strategies I want to use with each passing moment.

Yeah. I'm basically going to attempt my anti-draft so to speak. In most drafts, there's always two players I'm deciding between when I make my selection. Normally, I end up taking player A. In this draft, I'm taking Player B. Miggy was Player B to my Player A Grady Sizemore.

You really take Grady over Miggy eh? I can see the argument on that, but I like Miggy over Grady all day personally. I've always been huge on miggy from the day he ruined the Cubs, and just kind of wishy-washy on Grady. Both proven studs and can't go wrong either way.

I do have to say I'm shocked Larry took Utley at 8.

Normally I do. In a shallow 12 team league, there's still plenty of guys who can hit .290 or higher to boost my average but there aren't many guys who'll steal 30 bases while not also hurting you in the power categories. Plus, with his age, it's entirely possible Sizemore boosts that average back over .290 himself. I love Miggy, he's Pujols, Jr. Just saying I'd normally opt for the steals.

Yeah, I hear you on that. That's not to mention most leagues it sounds like that you play in use 5 OF or are extremely deep. Gotta love that you can slot Miggy at 3B or 1B though, kind of why I love the 5 spot in Y! based leagues this year.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:43 am

Jimmy's been swinging the bat pretty well in the tournament.

He looks like he's in mid-season form already.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:58 am

So are we done for the day before we even begin? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:01 am

Zara wrote:

PF has a weird schedule, and he's on CST, but I would say his pick should be in no later then 1 PM EST. Then we should cruise through the afternoon if we can get a hold of quickster.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:18 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:

PF has a weird schedule, and he's on CST, but I would say his pick should be in no later then 1 PM EST. Then we should cruise through the afternoon if we can get a hold of quickster.

He doesn't text?
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:21 am

Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:

He doesn't text?

I sent him a text earlier, still no response though.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:27 am

PF is around from 12 PM to 2 AM EST, and spundin is around 9 AM EST - 1 AM EST except when he goes to Vegas and loses his cellphone to strippers (which happens more than you'd think, LOL). Boz doesn't have PC access at work but somehow manages to get his texted picks in (LOL). Larry always tells us in advance when he's AFK, otherwise he checks in regularly. Ray's only handicap is when he's drunk - so he's good from about 9-5. Very Happy
HLZ will pick pretty much anytime, anyplace, and I will do likewise except in planes or if I don't answer my cellphone, LOL. Sleep

First time I'm drafting with Vriez, Timmah, TM, Zara, & quickster (and thanks for the heads up on AFK times, quickster - it is most appreciated Wink )

That pretty much sums up the drafting patterns of the group, I think.

Last edited by Rotoraysfan on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:29 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
PF is around from 12 PM to 2 AM EST, and spundin is around 9 AM EST - 1 AM EST except when he goes to Vegas and loses his cellphone to strippers (which happens more than you'd think, LOL). Boz doesn't have PC access at work but somehow manages to get his texted picks in (LOL). Larry always tells us in advance when he's AFK, otherwise he checks in regularly. Ray's only handicap is when he's drunk - so he's good from about 9-5. Very Happy
HLZ will pick pretty much anytime, anyplace, and I will do likewise except in planes or if I don't answer my cellphone, LOL. Sleep

First time I'm drafting with Vriez, Timmah, TM, Zara, & quickster (and the heads up on AFK times are most appreciated, quick Wink )

That pretty much sums up the drafting patterns of the group, I think.

I'd say so.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:31 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:

He doesn't text?

I sent him a text earlier, still no response though.

Note to self. Never ask GBPig to be in my 20 league or guys will fly to his hometown and tar and feather him for extended draft absences. Also, if I do so forget this, make sure GBPig is comfortable being called douche in the chat room about a million times between his selections. (proven theory in my league. If a guy is offline and not responding, the more vile the names you refer to him by, the quicker he seems to login and pick) Razz
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:33 am

I am in favor of name calling for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:43 am

MustacheToes wrote:
I am in favor of name calling for everyone.

Remember, child(read: Gary)-abuser and drunken lush are taken by Ray. Very Happy

Actually, I kind of miss having Gary around - it kind of levellled the playing field for Ray. Laughing
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:44 am

Seeing as this is St. Patrick's Day we could be in for a looooooong day.
I'm surprised Ray can still see his keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:46 am

TitaniumMan wrote:

LOL, point taken.

The Xmas/January holidays were *so* bad a temporary TBD-only commish had to be appointed, since we'd lose Ray to his boyfriends, Jack Daniels or Budd Light, around 6 PM EST and wouldn't be heard from until about noon.

lol!
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:46 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:

Yeah, in the TBD league I had the #6 pick (and A-Rod got passed on there for dynasty reasons), I honestly had a tough time deciding between Sizemore/Braun *forever*, I still think Miggy was the right call. I ended taking Braun, if only for the name value (since I was already planning a gigantic future build), figured he had the bigger name value for trading. No doubt I would have taken Miggy if he was there at #6, though.

Re: #7 & #8, not really *that* surprised - I don't think Utley would have made it back to Larry at #17, and I'm not sure Rollins goes back to Dale at #18 either. I do think Upton would be there for Pat at #14, but since he's only 2 picks away, he gets the guy he wants now, and he has a bunch of good choices left. While the exact order of #1 to #18 might differ, I suspect the top 20 is going to be fairly standard.

Yeah, I can't see any instance that Utley makes it back to Larry. I'm just to Larry going with safer picks, and I still think Utley is a bit of a risk even with him back in game action already.
I'm still undecided on Rollins for this year, I think he will settle inbetween 07 and 08, and with SS eligibility that will make him 1st round material easily.

Huh? Have you drafted with me before? I was the guy that took Ryan Braun in the first round last year when Holliday and Ryan Howard were still on the board in SSD at #10. I thought that pick shook the place up. My entire TBD draft was full of risks and reaches as well. Plus the collosal fuckup picks that were Clay Buchholz, JR Trolls, and Steven Pearce my heart. Hi Ray, my name is Larry. Nice to meet you. I don't think we have met before.

Utley went at #9 in another league that I'm in. I don't think he would have made it out of the first round. I couldn't really justify an OF in the first that I thought would provide similar numbers. I don't see Utley as a big, bulky guy, so I don't think the hip issue is going to give him that many problems. His recovery was fast and he is just that good. We will see. I am excited about getting him. I already have Braun in SSD, so I dont' want to saddle too many horses together in different leagues.

Last edited by The Czar on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:47 am

BTW- Yes, John: I picked Rollins because I am confident in his skillset and wanted it, did not want to lose it. I will make up for any lost numbers.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 am

The Czar wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:

Huh? Have you drafted with me before? I was the guy that took Ryan Braun in the first round last year when Holliday and Ryan Howard were still on the board in SSD at #10. I thought that pick shook the place up. My entire TBD draft was full of risks and reaches as well.

Utley went at #9 in another league that I'm in. I don't think he would have made it out of the first round. I couldn't really justify an OF in the first that I thought would provide similar numbers. I don't see Utley as a big, bulky guy, so I don't think the hip issue is going to give him that many problems. His recovery was fast and he is just that good. We will see. I am excited about getting him. I already have Braun in SSD, so I dont' want to saddle too many horses together in different leagues.

That's true, maybe I was wrong. I was wrong on Utley, I thought he was still slipping further. After I posted that I looked a little more into it and saw he's back to 1st round material. No drafts for me since TBD, so kind of took a break.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:50 am

The Czar wrote:
Huh? Have you drafted with me before? I was the guy that took Ryan Braun in the first round last year when Holliday and Ryan Howard were still on the board in SSD at #10. I thought that pick shook the place up. My entire TBD draft was full of risks and reaches as well.

To be fair, you are the boom/bust guy strategy-wise, and yeah, I didn't see Utley swinging back to you either for round 2, especially since he's swinging a bat now. I would point out with 5 OF's, a CI & MI plus DH, it's going to be an interesting call how the mid-round draft goes.

BTW, since it's Yahoo, it's 10 games for position eligibility, right? Making a lot of important assumptions on the depth charts based on that.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:51 am

TitaniumMan wrote:

Almost took today off work, but couldn't do it. I'm not a big fan of St. Patty's Day actually, it's amateur hour out there. Nothing but a bunch of guys using this as an excuse to go great drunk, a true alcoholic does it without a reason damnit!
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:51 am

I edited my last comment Ray, for pure humor value.

It will be nice to league with guys that I haven't met before.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:54 am

I'm going to log off the computer for now. I have a ton of work to get done. Somebody shoot me a text when I am OTC.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:56 am

The Czar wrote:
I'm going to log off the computer for now. I have a ton of work to get done. Somebody shoot me a text when I am OTC.

Uh oh. Czar is going to be Over The Counter. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:57 am

I'm online just about the entire day, and my cell phone is always on.

Unless I'm in a meeting, I can be pretty well counted on to be ready with picks when I'm up.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:01 am

Zara wrote:
The Czar wrote:

Uh oh. Czar is going to be Over The Counter. Laughing

Robo-tripping!!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!!!

I've got Magic Hat waiting for me at home drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 3 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next