RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
The Czar

The Czar

Draft Chatter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 3:35 pm

What a joy it is going to be to follow Jon, John, and Dale every other round. Crying or Very sad

These guys draft too much like me, so the chances of anyone "falling" to me that I am targeting as a sleeper are pretty much non-existent.
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 3:58 pm

MustacheToes wrote:
HighLanderZ wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Quote :

After a 2007 season that saw him dip below a 1000 OPS while going without a top-five MVP finish for the first time, Pujols bounced back with arguably his best season and took home his second MVP. Pujols is without question the best hitter in baseball, leading all active players in batting average, slugging percentage, and OPS. He's never hit below .314 and if not for coming up one run short in 2007 he'd have at least 30 homers, 100 RBI, and 100 runs in each of his eight seasons. During that span his average production has been .334-40-122-118 and he's also swiped at least a handful of bases in five of the past six years, putting a little extra icing on a cake. Pujols underwent elbow surgery in October and has had to play through several nagging injuries over the past few years, but he's never missed more than 15 games and clearly can dominate at less than 100 percent.

I feel like I've won the league already. Twisted Evil

We'll see. When all the HGH & PEDs catch up w/ Pujols this season, his balls will fall off!

lol!

Mhmm..... someone just sounds pissed they fucked up on their own pick and could have had him!

Actually, I have no interest in Pujols. Give me Reyes & his 2 million SBs!
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 5:17 pm

Did RRF say something about going to the airport?

I thought I saw something, but wasn't sure. Just trying to get an ETA. I have my pick ready and I think my guy will be there, but I'm going to be off the computer for a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 5:25 pm

Okay, I'll hang around for a few more minutes. I've seen Dale floating in and out so he might be on soon. I'll go see if he is on RW.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Larry-
Almost went Chase. But my "The Rhythms of Jimmy Rollins" chart said to buy.
I'm pretty good with Jimmy. Made him a first round pick in '07. That struck one gamer as so out of whack he wagered me $50 that his boy "whozitz" would have a better year than Rollins. That's right- I can't even remember whom he had wagered upon. He conceded and paid up by August.

Like the year I bet Adam Madison $50 that Chase Utley would hit 30 or more HR. 2006. You should have heard him go on and on about how it was impossible it was, "inconthievable". Punk never paid up. Has about as much class as most of Matt Berry's "boys". They learned at the master's shoulder...or at what ever part of his anatomy from which you "learn things" from Matthew Berry.
Back to top Go down
Wizard of Boz

Wizard of Boz

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 8:21 pm

Sorry guys, I gotta get in bed because I have an early morning ahead of me. I tried to stick around as long as I could. I will leave a pick with Ray. If quick happens to come on soon, just text me and maybe Ill still be awake. Peace
Back to top Go down
http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=52124
Wizard of Boz

Wizard of Boz

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 4:46 am

Quick, where you at buddy???? I need to pick, Im having withdrawals bro...lol

Ok off to work, be back later or text me.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=52124
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 5:56 am

I'm heading off to the office. I'll check in during the day.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 6:10 am

Quick said on RW he'd be picking this AM, had to get PC fixed (translation: he's stuck between picks, LOL) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 6:12 am

At this rate, we just might finish by the All-Star break. bounce
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 6:25 am

Zara wrote:
At this rate, we just might finish by the All-Star break. bounce

It should get moving, just need to get everyone caught up - once spundin & Kyle pick, should move fairly quick.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 7:04 am

spundin is on the West Coast, so might be a few till we hear from him. I'd be more then honored to send him a 5 AM text though Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 7:06 am

MustacheToes wrote:
spundin is on the West Coast, so might be a few till we hear from him. I'd be more then honored to send him a 5 AM text though Laughing

He's usually up for work around 7 AM - 5 AM is pushing it, LOL. lol!
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 7:08 am

This should make you appreciate just how crazy my league is. 20 team league with guys on both coasts and we did a 28 round draft in 6 days. That's right, 560 players. Started on a Friday and were done by Wednesday. PSYCHOS!!
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 7:29 am

Zara wrote:
This should make you appreciate just how crazy my league is. 20 team league with guys on both coasts and we did a 28 round draft in 6 days. That's right, 560 players. Started on a Friday and were done by Wednesday. PSYCHOS!!

That's damn good.....my keeper football league is 14 owners, 15 rounds, it takes us at least 7-8 days. And that's with phone call reminders, leaving picks with people and advance planning.

And we've been doing it this way for 7 years....you'd think we'd have it down pat by now.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 7:30 am

Zara wrote:

That is hardcore. It was quite the feat to get TBD done in 23 days (I think it was 25 rounds, same # teams) - we did have 3-4 guys who were completely new to online drafting (one guy selected Chris Perez in 3 different rounds when he wasn't eligible....and he still got picked a couple of more times by another guy, LOL), and a couple didn't quite understand why the other 16 owners were a little antsy when they'd show up in the middle of the day, log in, see they were up....and still take 4-5 hours to decide. And I'm not talking stuck in trade talks, or being OTC at 5 AM / 2 AM, or coming home from work pissed drunk (cough *Ray* cough) - those things happen. We also understand people can't be around 24/7, and there are unplanned absences from a PC/text. It was more the regular delays or when people didn't bother to tell us they'd be AFK that almost had me swear off online drafts, LOL. Shocked

So, I take my hat off to the 6 day draft. cheers
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 7:40 am

This was the 7th year of the league and each time we take anywhere from 6-10 days. It's unreal. Everyone goes to the message board and explains absences. Leave's phone numbers for calls, texts. We had a guy down at spring training this year and he's literally sitting there with his draft lists on his lap. Call comes in, boom, he picks. We use CBS so if it's close to your turn and you plan on leaving for a while, you turn on auto-pilot and the commish turns it off after that pick so it doesn't keep running. I usually give about 3 other owners commish powers to expedite matters. Guys on the West Coast literally sleep with their cell phones close and get buzzed when they are on the clock. Wake up, pick, back to sleep. HARDCORE is an understatement.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 7:53 am

Zara wrote:

This sounds like a challenge guys! The gauntlet has been thrown down.

BTW- Even with the spits and sputters, I still like the online slow draft better. I'm about done with 2 hours of fury with my wife yelling at me and the door locked and the kids crying and the house nearly catching on fire.

Every time I block out a 2-3 hour time for a draft lately something comes up. BEST missing a draft story ever: During my football draft this year (I was the commish), a fire started up with intense 40 mph winds and was spreading all over the place. A mandatory evacuation was put in place for everyone in the neighborhood, so I get my wife and kids together and send them off, strap my boots on and grab a shovel. There are fire trucks and cops going from door to door to get people out because this mother is moving fast. I have a boraid airbomber fly right over my house and drop the fire retardent out in the field behind me. I'm out in another field opposite with a shovel and a garden hose helping my neighbor try to keep it from getting to his house and we both have our trucks just sitting there in-case we have to bail. There were hot spots starting up in his yard, so we were literally putting the fire out in his yard. I get a text message from my buddy, "Yo, we are drafting, where you at damnit?"

I fought that thing with 4 other guys for like 2 hours and kept it from getting into the field behind the houses. In the adjacent field where nobody was doing anything, four houses were lost. At one of my friends houses, a helicoptor actually dipped a bucket into his pool and dumped the water onto his house to save it. It was some crazy shit. http://www.kcra.com/news/17363358/detail.html

So, moral of the story, you better have a damn good excuse if you miss a draft. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:01 am

Moral of the story is, we just can't count on Czar being reliable. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:17 am

Ugh. Someone remove me from my frustration filled coma if it's ever my turn to pick.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:21 am

Zara wrote:
Ugh. Someone remove me from my frustration filled coma if it's ever my turn to pick.

Heh, I'm with you on that. I keep flip-flopping what strategies I want to use with each passing moment.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:23 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:

Heh, I'm with you on that. I keep flip-flopping what strategies I want to use with each passing moment.

Yeah. I'm basically going to attempt my anti-draft so to speak. In most drafts, there's always two players I'm deciding between when I make my selection. Normally, I end up taking player A. In this draft, I'm taking Player B. Miggy was Player B to my Player A Grady Sizemore.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:25 am

Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:

Yeah. I'm basically going to attempt my anti-draft so to speak. In most drafts, there's always two players I'm deciding between when I make my selection. Normally, I end up taking player A. In this draft, I'm taking Player B. Miggy was Player B to my Player A Grady Sizemore.

You really take Grady over Miggy eh? I can see the argument on that, but I like Miggy over Grady all day personally. I've always been huge on miggy from the day he ruined the Cubs, and just kind of wishy-washy on Grady. Both proven studs and can't go wrong either way.

I do have to say I'm shocked Larry took Utley at 8.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:28 am

Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:

Yeah, in the TBD league I had the #6 pick (and A-Rod got passed on there for dynasty reasons), I honestly had a tough time deciding between Sizemore/Braun *forever*, I still think Miggy was the right call. I ended taking Braun, if only for the name value (since I was already planning a gigantic future build), figured he had the bigger name value for trading. No doubt I would have taken Miggy if he was there at #6, though.

In some ways, the A-Rod injury made it easier to pick #6, LOL.

Re: #7 & #8, not really *that* surprised - I don't think Utley would have made it back to Larry at #17, and I'm not sure Rollins goes back to Dale at #18 either. I do think Upton would be there for Pat at #14, but since he's only 2 picks away, he gets the guy he wants now, and he has a bunch of good choices left. While the exact order of #1 to #18 might differ, I suspect the top 20 is going to be fairly standard.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Zara wrote:

You really take Grady over Miggy eh? I can see the argument on that, but I like Miggy over Grady all day personally. I've always been huge on miggy from the day he ruined the Cubs, and just kind of wishy-washy on Grady. Both proven studs and can't go wrong either way.

I do have to say I'm shocked Larry took Utley at 8.

Normally I do. In a shallow 12 team league, there's still plenty of guys who can hit .290 or higher to boost my average but there aren't many guys who'll steal 30 bases while not also hurting you in the power categories. Plus, with his age, it's entirely possible Sizemore boosts that average back over .290 himself. I love Miggy, he's Pujols, Jr. Just saying I'd normally opt for the steals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 2 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next