RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Zara

Zara

Draft Chatter - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:31 am

The Czar wrote:
The Czar wrote:
You guys want a good laugh?

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b2/1336/1

If any of you guys draft a team that fugly, you will get blackballed from this league. Exclamation

My 20 team league squad is better than that.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:31 am

The Czar wrote:
I got tired of arguing with the Holliday haters on that board. I think people are overestimating Colorado now. It hasn't been as kind since the humidor and it is a BIG frickin park.

Dude is a stud. He will be just fine. Glad to see that others agree. Him slipping to the 35-40 range in drafts after being a first rounder previously is just rediculous.

X2

People ignore the fact that they put the balls in the humidor, but that story in general went pretty under the radar. Too bad you assholes know that also, so he won't be slipping in any of our leagues. The only thing I see maybe taking a hit this year is the average since he won't have the Grand Canyon as power alleys anymore.

That is the worst team I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
https://rotowood.forummotion.com
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:39 am

Boz got updated and says to fuck you all for taking 2B's.

lol!

And yes, if that's a 12-teamer, jeez, I'd be trying to disavow any knowledge of that team IMF-style.

On a side note, it's crazy how narrow-minded the arguments can become on the RW Forums - I couldn't sit by the sidelines and watch the "best guy has to be your 9th inning guy" stand put forth as unassailable gospel....again.

Last edited by Rotoraysfan on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:39 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:

lol!

And yes, if that's a 12-teamer, jeez, I'd be trying to disavow any knowledge of that team IMF-style.

14 teamer, but close enough.

No
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:42 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:

On a side note, it's crazy how narrow-minded the arguments can become on the RW Forums - I couldn't sit by the sidelines and watch the "best guy has to be your 9th inning guy" stand put forth as unassailable gospel....again.

Yeah. It's getting to the point where I just don't care to read most of the replies.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:43 am

MustacheToes wrote:

People ignore the fact that they put the balls in the humidor, but that story in general went pretty under the radar. Too bad you assholes know that also, so he won't be slipping in any of our leagues. The only thing I see maybe taking a hit this year is the average since he won't have the Grand Canyon as power alleys anymore.

A ball can run a way from you pretty easily in the coliseum Ray.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:45 am

Anyone having trouble logging in to RW?

Trying to update page for spundin, he & Boz are on standby.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:45 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:

A ball can run a way from you pretty easily in the coliseum Ray.

This is true, and the Coliseum isn't the blackhole everyone seems to think it is. I'm just worried with what I mentioned earlier, and the increased foul territory, that it could take a toll on his average. Nothing more then 5 or 10 points in my mind. I'd say he's more inline for .315-.320 instead of .325-.330.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:46 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:

No problems here, although I probably wouldn't mind if there were. That 9th inning debate was driving me nuts too, that guy is exactly like you said, narrow minded. No other way to put it.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:49 am

MustacheToes wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:

No problems here, although I probably wouldn't mind if there were. That 9th inning debate was driving me nuts too, that guy is exactly like you said, narrow minded. No other way to put it.

By all means, you don't have to agree, it's just when you simply attack others for disagreeing without posting *anything* to back you up other than saying it's crazy to think otherwise, well you kind of lose the point of discussion.

Ah well, I'm sure it will get better once the regular season starts and the superstars go into an April slump. Razz
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:50 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
MustacheToes wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:

By all means, you don't have to agree, it's just when you simply attack others for disagreeing without posting *anything* to back you up other than saying it's crazy to think otherwise, well you kind of lose the point of discussion.

Ah well, I'm sure it will get better once the regular season starts and the superstars go into an April slump. Razz

SHOULD I DROP DAVID WRIGHT FOR MELVIN MORA!?!?
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:59 am

The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
So, which of my guys will Dale take from me?

I hope he takes one of them, because I don't know if I can decide between the two.

I know at least one of your targets, LOL. Wink

The suspense is killing me.

You have him on your TBD team.

INCONTHEIVABLE! Razz

Damn, my orb is broken. Very Happy

I had Lee as the 2nd choice...but Soriano I missed on. Still, in Roto a solid choice - just can't take that guy in H2H, LOL. Going into a week with Soriano on your team is like watching Mitch Williams or John Rocker in their primes taking the mound with the bags full and the winning run on 2nd.

I was seriously considering BOTH Lee and Soriano in that 2nd round tier with Beltran. Hurt or not last year, I'm really surprised to see them slip to round 3. I suppose that I should thank Piggy for that. Very Happy

Thats for damn sure. This 2nd Base Run is the devil. Alexei at 28? affraid
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:05 am

Vriez wrote:
The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:

I hope he takes one of them, because I don't know if I can decide between the two.

INCONTHEIVABLE! Razz

I had Lee as the 2nd choice...but Soriano I missed on. Still, in Roto a solid choice - just can't take that guy in H2H, LOL. Going into a week with Soriano on your team is like watching Mitch Williams or John Rocker in their primes taking the mound with the bags full and the winning run on 2nd.

I was seriously considering BOTH Lee and Soriano in that 2nd round tier with Beltran. Hurt or not last year, I'm really surprised to see them slip to round 3. I suppose that I should thank Piggy for that. Very Happy

Actually, I think Alexei could become the next big SS in 5x5 Roto - .290, 25/80/100/25 seems very reasonable if he hits in the #2 hole at USCellular (remember Ozzie will let guys run), and as a SS, would put him clearly as a #4 behind the big 3, of course. Of course, if we counted OBP or BB, then he'd go waaaaay down, LOL.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:09 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
Vriez wrote:
The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
Rotoraysfan wrote:
The Czar wrote:

INCONTHEIVABLE! Razz

Actually, I think Alexei could become the next big SS in 5x5 Roto - .290, 25/80/100/25 seems very reasonable if he hits in the #2 hole at USCellular (remember Ozzie will let guys run), and as a SS, would put him clearly as a #4 behind the big 3, of course. Of course, if we counted OBP or BB, then he'd go waaaaay down, LOL.

My thoughts exactly on him. I can see him really turning into Soriano-lite. The only problem is, that rest of the line up right now sucks. Everyone has an all or nothing approach, and that's going to hurt his runs and RBIs. I'd really temper the RBIs with him. Assuming he hits right around the 2 spot, then I don't see more then 75 RBI for him, and still only right around 100 runs but not elite territory. Either way, with the positions he can be put at, and the SB/HR combo, he's gonna be a stud even at that spot. I don't see him being "figured out" by the pitchers with his lack of plate discipline, I think he'll be just fine.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:16 am

I think Ozzie was talking about hitting him 6th or 7th coming in...but I have a hard time believing that he doesnt end up at 2 or 3. Of course, that OBP kills his chances to be at the top....but then again, Ozzie has been known to throw OBP directly out the window (see Owens, Jerry)
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:24 am

Vriez wrote:
I think Ozzie was talking about hitting him 6th or 7th coming in...but I have a hard time believing that he doesnt end up at 2 or 3. Of course, that OBP kills his chances to be at the top....but then again, Ozzie has been known to throw OBP directly out the window (see Owens, Jerry)

Heard the same crap, and don't believe it for a second. I wouldn't be shocked to see him even leading off for that club. The rumor is Owens is the guy they want leading off, Alexei could do much better then him and I think eventually they will realize that failure he and that lineup are.
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:45 pm

RUH-RUH!!!! SOUNDS LIKE LONGORIA COULD MISS THE ENTIRE SEASON!!!!

Quote :
Evan Longoria was scratched from Wednesday's lineup with flu-like symptoms.
Longoria was expected to be the choice to replace Chipper Jones on Team USA's roster for the semifinals, so he'll hope this is just a 24-hour thing.

God I'm fucking bored Shocked
Back to top Go down
GBPig99

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Sorry for the wait!
Back to top Go down
MustacheToes
Admin
MustacheToes

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Fuck you!

I was really hoping Aramis would slide back to me, sonofabitch. Love the Agonz pick too.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Well, there are a bunch of *solid* 3B's left, but the elite tier has passed - as did SS, 2B and maybe the 1B (although there are a ton of quality choices left).

(Not that there aren't guys who *could* jump up, but let's face it, the easy decisions took place - now comes the legwork in those positions).

Enjoying the draft - people are doing their homework, gonna be a fun 25 more rounds. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:15 pm

This is why I can't stand being on the extreme end of rounds during these drafts.

Then again, I knew you guys weren't going to make it wasy on me, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:17 pm

FFS, it's bad enough that you're conspire to snake all of my upcoming picks.....

Now you're gonna take what I have been able to scrape together?!?!?!?

ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm here, I'm just deciding.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Picked.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:07 pm

I knew you were going Youkillis Dale.

I also knew that with you going Youkillis, it meant that I would not get a thirdbaseman if I waited. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 9 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next