RotoWood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RotoWood

Season 2!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft Chatter

Go down 
+9
Vriez
Rotoraysfan
Timmah!
TitaniumMan
The Czar
HighLanderZ
Zara
Wizard of Boz
MustacheToes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Zara

Zara

Draft Chatter - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:34 am

Damn it all to hell. Now Bell is gone!!!!! I hate both of you. Those are my two closers in my 20 team league. I wanted one of them here. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:36 am

Vriez wrote:
Yo. Im gonna be at the gym for the next 2.5 - 3 hours. I sent a 4 player queue to Larry. Hopefully I'll be back before my 2nd pick, but if not....sorry. I didnt want to give him a huge queue for BOTH picks because my top choice after the wraparound will depend on how the drafts shapes in between my 2 slots.

Okay so Vriez should be done jazzercising in less than an hour.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:38 am

HighLanderZ wrote:
Vriez wrote:
Yo. Im gonna be at the gym for the next 2.5 - 3 hours. I sent a 4 player queue to Larry. Hopefully I'll be back before my 2nd pick, but if not....sorry. I didnt want to give him a huge queue for BOTH picks because my top choice after the wraparound will depend on how the drafts shapes in between my 2 slots.

Okay so Vriez should be done jazzercising in less than an hour.

Yeah, but then how long does it take him to get out of that leotard?
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
Hi-Z-
It's all good. I just figured I'd lay out what this morning was like and sometimes my prose comes off far more intense than I intend. One cannot hear inflection in the written word. Believe me guys, you'll know when I'm truly bitter.

BTW- Capps was the player to whom I referred as being the part of the trend that I had matched up with Josh Johnson. I took Johnson, obviously.
I know how much you like Capps so I'm not surpised one iota that he be gone.

No problem, & it's definitely an interesting draft just to watch due to all of our thought prcoesses. I can't tell you how many times I've been sniped!
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:41 am

Zara wrote:
Damn it all to hell. Now Bell is gone!!!!! I hate both of you. Those are my two closers in my 20 team league. I wanted one of them here. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits. Twisted Evil

This may be the season that my streak of owning Rivera in redraft leagues comes to an end. Crying or Very sad

One more redraft league draft to go, so we'll see.

Anyway, I do own 2 of my favorites closers under the age of 65, so it's all good!
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:57 am

If for some reason like 3 minutes elapses after Vriez picks, just text me. I'm here at the office, just not stalking the site.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:07 am

Hey guys-
Idiot RW Fanboy Miggymancrush posted a Thread in the Feedback (well, it was moved there) wondering where all the great members of the Forum had gone and why?
While King Maker had a solid and well-thought reply and John and Chris jumped in, what I really want to say is:

"YOU!!! YOU AND MEMBERS LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON QUALITY MEMBERS DON'T POST AS MUCH!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE THE AUTHOR OF A THREAD LIKE THIS!!! YOUR IDIOTIC UNSUBSTANTIATED RANTS ARE STUPEFYING AND ALIENATING!!! YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE!!! NO- YOU ARE A BLEEDING ASSHOLE!!! NO- YOU ARE THE UNCLEAN INFLAMED HEMORRHOIDAL TISSUE LINING THAT ASSHOLE!!! DIEDIEDIE!!!"

But I think that might violate the CoC.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:09 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
Hey guys-
Idiot RW Fanboy Miggymancrush posted a Thread in the Feedback (well, it was moved there) wondering where all the great members of the Forum had gone and why?
While King Maker had a solid and well-thought reply and John and Chris jumped in, what I really want to say is:

"YOU!!! YOU AND MEMBERS LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON QUALITY MEMBERS DON'T POST AS MUCH!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE THE AUTHOR OF A THREAD LIKE THIS!!! YOUR IDIOTIC UNSUBSTANTIATED RANTS ARE STUPEFYING AND ALIENATING!!! YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE!!! NO- YOU ARE A BLEEDING ASSHOLE!!! NO- YOU ARE THE UNCLEAN INFLAMED HEMORRHOIDAL TISSUE LINING THAT ASSHOLE!!! DIEDIEDIE!!!"

Thoughts?

Umm. yeah. Keep that here, please. Laughing

Seriously, I meant what I said there - I don't get the new poster bashing. Sheesh. And the fact is volume will pick up. PLUS ALL OF YOU ARE HOLDING BACK, I KNOW YOU ARE!!!

On a side note, the toughest part of Moderating is keeping your own feelings out of it - everyone is entitled to their opinion as long it's civil and CoC-abiding....no matter how much I disagree with it. What kills me is the guys who are the most close-minded to actually having a dialogue end up lamenting when no one wants to engage with them.....wonder why. Rolling Eyes

(And that's all I'll say about that thread).

But Dale, yeah.....let's keep it here, please.

lol!

Last edited by Rotoraysfan on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
HighLanderZ

HighLanderZ

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:11 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
Hey guys-

Thoughts?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:11 am

i'm playing text tag with Vriez, he wanted Bell.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:14 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
Hey guys-

Thoughts?

What do you mean Dale?

Clearly Usain Bolt's accomplishment is the greatest ever and anyone who thinks otherwise (like Phelps' was pretty fricking amazing) is an idiot AND anyone who speculated that Durham would be a threat to Weeks' playing time after that individual broke the story on RW is also clearly an idiot.
Back to top Go down
The Czar

The Czar

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:19 am

Vriez said that he is almost home and "Fuck the snipe."
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:28 am

The Czar wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:
Hey guys-

Thoughts?

What do you mean Dale?

Clearly Usain Bolt's accomplishment is the greatest ever and anyone who thinks otherwise (like Phelps' was pretty fricking amazing) is an idiot AND anyone who speculated that Durham would be a threat to Weeks' playing time after that individual broke the story on RW is also clearly an idiot.
Yep- And lucky you: You've never even seen him genuflect at the Altar of T.O.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:33 am

TitaniumMan wrote:
The Czar wrote:
TitaniumMan wrote:
Hey guys-

Thoughts?

What do you mean Dale?

Yep- And lucky you: You've never even seen him genuflect at the Altar of T.O.

You're OTC big fella. alien
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:41 am

BTW, I still hold to the theory you can find saves on the WW.....trouble is, this league is *so* hardcore, with daily transactions it doesn't mean that "you" will be me. Very Happy

My one Achilles Heel by my own admission - I'm death to drafted closers in keeper leagues. Witness:

1. The first year we went to a keeper system, and had to draft in the Xmas break because we were all in school and there was no Internet (yes I am that old), I drafted a closer that lost his job before pitching 1 inning for me due to vehicular manslaughter (Julio Machado, MIL)

2. Drafted a closer that actually died (Steve Olin)

3. Traded for closers that immediately imploded the next season (Jose Mesa being my most spectacular failure).

4. The single year I get certain "sure-bet" closers, the year they struggle or get hurt (Mo's off-year a while back being the most stunning example and the one that broke my back).

Ironically, I've been really good at getting WW closers for that single season, but I just have to let you all know as part of community service to give you a fair warning to all of you for your other drafts. Shocked

I would like to take the time to add that this is the 3rd run that Jon has participated in (knowingly or not) since our "run" discussion.

Laughing!
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:47 am

Rotoraysfan wrote:
1. The first year we went to a keeper system, and had to draft in the Xmas break because we were all in school and there was no Internet (yes I am that old), I drafted a closer that lost his job before pitching 1 inning for me due to vehicular manslaughter (Julio Machado, MIL)

That's a good one....the first closer I ever drafted was Duane Ward in 1993 on a hunch. He had a fantastic year, and then his arm blew up.

I think this is the longest I've ever waited to draft one; in fact, I've had a fair amount of success in trading away closers. I traded away Chad Cordero three consecutive seasons, one of which was for Miguel Cabrera.

Right now, my team is looking like 70's-vintage Orioles. Earl Weaver would be proud.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:49 am

My shining moment in fantasy was picking up Kevin Mitchell the first week of the season in 1989 after Von Hayes got injured.
Back to top Go down
Rotoraysfan

Rotoraysfan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:53 am

Well, my WW success stories are pretty good - picked up *both* Kelvim Escobar and Doc Halladay in midseason as a callup when they were post-hype and in both seasons they rode my 4x4 teams to victory.

Since we went to FAAB:

Carlos Pena, Joakim Soria & CJ Wilson in AL-only 5x5 2007.

Mike Aviles, Cliff Lee, Frank Francisco & Jensen Lewis in AL-only 2008.

(Funniest part: I drafted for an owner in absentia, and took S. Baker $2 E. Santana $2 for him while I *saved* B. Bonser & E. Jackson for myself. OOPS. )

To get back to the draft:

AND BTW LARRY - YES YOU CALLED IT - BUT I DID SAY WE SHOULD CATCH THE BACK END. I SEE 1 MORE GUY, THEN IT'S CROSS YOUR FINGERS TIME.

And yes, I like Francisco too - I have him in TBD, if you recall. But, given my luck with drafted closers, decided to diversify the portfolio. Hopefully won't just spread the curse to more people, LOL. But I *love* the guy enough to get him in dynasty, if that says anything.

(Forecasting runs and making sure you're not left out is easier where we are, though).

Last edited by Rotoraysfan on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Timmah!

Timmah!

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 am

Zara wrote:
My shining moment in fantasy was picking up Kevin Mitchell the first week of the season in 1989 after Von Hayes got injured.

That is a good one....I actually got face-to-face with Mitchell that summer.

The Giants were in town, and it was an Old Timers' weekend, so I took a baseball down to the hotel and got autos from Brooks Robinson, Orlando Cepeda and a few others. The Giants were leaving for the park, and after getting snubbed by Terry Kennedy, Mitchell came out and signed for us.

I distinctly remember noticing how his fingernails weren't just long, but were shaped into claws.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:55 am

Sorry about the delay, boys. I couldnt miss my Jazzercise OR my Strip-to-Be-Fit classes. Embarassed

Naw, Im training for a marathon thats 2 weeks from Sunday.

And fuck Ray. What a big floppy donkeydick. We need to switch the draft order all around because I cant bear to get sniped every 2nd round.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Funny email:

Open letter to the employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the
fact that Barrack Obama is our President and that our taxes and
government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for
the increases, our prices would have to increase by about 40%.

Since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal
state of the economy, we will have to lay off six of our employees
instead. This has really been bothering me, since I believe we are
family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lot and found six
'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided
these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way
to approach this problem.

They voted for change, I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:02 pm

Damn. Chris and I intersect on a lot of rankings.
Back to top Go down
TitaniumMan

TitaniumMan

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Zara wrote:
Funny email:

Booooooo.
Yes- Let us continue the stagnate quo. That way China owns us in 10 years instead of 30.
Somebody has to have the balls to deal with the fairy tale. I'm not even a fan of Obama but living on borrowed time is just going to make us a pwned country. Fuck that.
Back to top Go down
Vriez

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:06 pm

And sorry about the confusion, Larry. I was on the treadmill and saw your first text...but didnt catch the last line where you said that I got Z. Since 2 closers were gone I told you to grab Bell...but then realized that I was OTC for my 2nd pick since you listed so many players that were taken, so I thought that maybe I had gotten Capps (since he was my top closer and I didnt see that I had Big Z)....then I felt my brain starting to bleed so I said "FUCK IT" I'll figure it out when I get home.

(and I shouldve explained my logic below my queue. I wanted a closer if a small run started...but didnt want one if it wasnt Capps or Bell)

That whole exchange was waaay more complicated than it shouldve been. I dont think on my days off!
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:12 pm

TitaniumMan wrote:
Zara wrote:
Funny email:

Booooooo.
Yes- Let us continue the stagnate quo. That way China owns us in 10 years instead of 30.
Somebody has to have the balls to deal with the fairy tale. I'm not even a fan of Obama but living on borrowed time is just going to make us a pwned country. Fuck that.

I agree that Bush was an idiot but every single thing Obama has done, fiscally, has been an unfettered disaster. He honestly would have been better off taking the $1.2 trillion, dividing by the 300,000,000 legal Americans and sent us all a check for our portion. THAT would have stimulated the economy.

I work in finance and sympathize with people who work at AIG and the other firms but my feeling is we should have let them DIE!!! Only the strong survive. Units that weren't working disappear. Profitable divisions get taken over by other firms. I find it funny that people are freaking out over the AIG bonuses (when that money ends up being circulated back into the economy via public consumption) and yet nobody seems angered by the bailout of the auto industry when the product they make is substandard and the workers are ridiculously overcompensated with what amounts to a usurious union contract. Do you realize that every auto plant actually has a room whereby workers who AREN'T WORKING still must show up to the plant, sit in the room, and collect their top dollar six figure salaries?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft Chatter   Draft Chatter - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Chatter
Page 20 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next